Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Cockpit Lighting

>Bill....how much CASH would it take for you to fix this...:)>>Seriously, if by some chance if someone like me could learn>the in's and out's of panel and gauge design...could this be>fixed in the existing FSX models for personal use?No, it cannot. As I've already stated, it must be done IN the model file by the modeler. It cannot be done at all without the original .max or .gmax model file...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>I have the FSD International Saratoga II for FSX and the>lighting works correctly. They have a Cabin light switch. I>can have it on or off in the VC too.>>Why can't other aircraft developers do the same thing?Beats the snot out of me! It's not like the necessary information hasn't been made available to everyone for the last (nearly) five years!It took me nearly six months of extensive data mining to discover all the "secrets" that developers had been keeping to themselves. Once discovered, I published my first "White Paper" describing the technique in full detail on June 5, 2003 right here at AVSIM.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=10755&page=In spite of all this though, ACES themselves remained blissfully unaware that emissive backlighting had been not just available -but fully operational since FS2k!- right up until the final weeks of FSX development......and only (re)implemented it at the last moment. Up to that point, they had invented a different method for (some) of their FSX default models such as the Maule and the C172.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator