Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Victoria Plus REPAIR FILE OPTION not working...

I just installed FSX SP2 again, and then went to the Victoria Plus REPAIR FILE OPTION as directed to repair the scenery.I tried to use the repair file option, but it keeps saying that it can't find the set-up source files. So, I uninstalled, reinstalled and then tried the repair button again. No joy. Still says that it can't find the resource file.Any suggestions?Thanks,Mitch

Guest firehawk44

If you uninstalled Victoria Plus and reinstalled, why would you want to do a repair? Or, did you uninstall SP2? The repair will fix any problems with the terrain.cfg so, if you reinstalled Victoria Plus, it should be working okay.Jim

>If you uninstalled Victoria Plus and reinstalled, why would>you want to do a repair? Or, did you uninstall SP2? The>repair will fix any problems with the terrain.cfg so, if you>reinstalled Victoria Plus, it should be working okay.>>JimHello Jim,Jim, here's what I did this morning: I installed SP2 again, to see if there was any difference between just running SP1 or running with SP2. Honestly, I can't really see any difference whether in appearance, or performance. If there is..what should I be on the look-out for?I reinstalled Victoria, and still (with SP2) I have those square landmasses in the ocean, etc. Also, as stated, if I go to my Programs/FSX ADDONS/Victoria Plus..and then try to select the REPAIR option, it keeps saying that it cannot find the original files. It's all there, so I don't know what 'file' the REPAIR MASK is asking for.So that's the problem. Even with a fresh install of Vic Plus AFTER installing SP2, I still have a defective Victoria Plus depiction.Any suggestions?

Guest firehawk44

"Jim, here's what I did this morning: I installed SP2 again, to see if there was any difference between just running SP1 or running with SP2. Honestly, I can't really see any difference whether in appearance, or performance. If there is..what should I be on the look-out for?I reinstalled Victoria, and still (with SP2) I have those square landmasses in the ocean, etc. Also, as stated, if I go to my Programs/FSX ADDONS/Victoria Plus..and then try to select the REPAIR option, it keeps saying that it cannot find the original files. It's all there, so I don't know what 'file' the REPAIR MASK is asking for.So that's the problem. Even with a fresh install of Vic Plus AFTER installing SP2, I still have a defective Victoria Plus depiction."Mitch,I have Vic Plus installed too and I just use the "Configurator" included in the program. My Victoria Plus is installed in the MS Flt Sim X directory (C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/FSAddon). I have nothing in the directory you referenced concerning FSAddon or Victoria Plus. Looking in my directory, I do not see a "repair mask" or a "repair option". Are you using the commercial program or do you have the freeware located in the AVSIM directory. A little confused here....Jim

>"Jim, here's what I did this morning: I installed SP2 again,>to see if there was any difference between just running SP1 or>running with SP2. Honestly, I can't really see any difference>whether in appearance, or performance. If there is..what>should I be on the look-out for?>I reinstalled Victoria, and still (with SP2) I have those>square landmasses in the ocean, etc. Also, as stated, if I go>to my Programs/FSX ADDONS/Victoria Plus..and then try to>select the REPAIR option, it keeps saying that it cannot find>the original files. It's all there, so I don't know what>'file' the REPAIR MASK is asking for.>So that's the problem. Even with a fresh install of Vic Plus>AFTER installing SP2, I still have a defective Victoria Plus>depiction.">>Mitch,>I have Vic Plus installed too and I just use the>"Configurator" included in the program. My Victoria Plus is>installed in the MS Flt Sim X directory (C:/Program>Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/FSAddon). >I have nothing in the directory you referenced concerning>FSAddon or Victoria Plus. Looking in my directory, I do not>see a "repair mask" or a "repair option". Are you using the>commercial program or do you have the freeware located in the>AVSIM directory. A little confused here....>>Jim---------------------------------Jim I have the freeware downloaded off of AVSIM. I also figured out what was wrong with the REPAIR OPTION. I had moved the original set-up files to a folder on my DESKTOP that I use for custom FSX stuff. Being that they were BIN files, I thought that the set-up would open and extract needed files into a group. I merely placed my VIC folder back onto the DESKTOP from where I had launched the original install, and the REPAIR went through. Whether it worked or not, I don't know as I have not fired up FSX at this point in time to check it out. If you go to PROGRAMS/FSX ADDONS/you will find the Victoria Plus OPTION list. On that list you should see options to bring up the manuals, uninstall, use the set-up screen, and you should also see an option to repair the file. On the Forums, it was suggested that after you install SP2, you should run that REPAIR. I did that...and now need to see if all is in order.Mitch

Hi Mitch,and keep in mind that after re-installing FSX or any of its service packs (as well as Acceleration) you need to repair or reinstall *all* add-ons that manipulate the terrain.cfg file. That's because FS replaces any edited version of the .cfg with the default, unedited version.Vic+ is one of these, as are Vancouver+, all Ultimate Terrain-X packages (just start and shut down the configurators once), some of the MegaScenery titles, and perhaps others.Also, if you're using the modified terrain.cfg by Ludowise & F

Guest firehawk44

"If you go to PROGRAMS/FSX ADDONS/you will find the Victoria Plus OPTION list. On that list you should see options to bring up the manuals, uninstall, use the set-up screen, and you should also see an option to repair the file."Okay, found it in my startup directory. I was looking on the C drive. I ran the repair option on my system and it ran w/o problem.Glad to see you figure out your problem.Best regards,Jim

>Hi Mitch,>>and keep in mind that after re-installing FSX or any of its>service packs (as well as Acceleration) you need to repair or>reinstall *all* add-ons that manipulate the terrain.cfg file.>That's because FS replaces any edited version of the .cfg with>the default, unedited version.>>Vic+ is one of these, as are Vancouver+, all Ultimate>Terrain-X packages (just start and shut down the configurators>once), some of the MegaScenery titles, and perhaps others.>>Also, if you're using the modified terrain.cfg by Ludowise &>F