Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick_N

For a Pent. 4 3.4Ghz, the final tweaking FSX tally....

This defies all logic. I can't explain this. I don't think anybody really can. Here's the final (of which I now leave FSX alone and just enjoy this now...GORGEOUS FLIGHT SIM...Here it is (drum roll, please....)On the Scenery Tab.Everything (yep...uh huh...) max'ed to the right. To make this easy, every slider INCLUDING AUTO-GEN at EXTREMELY DENSE...everything to the right...EXCEPT Water left at Low2x.That's it. I now have extremely smooth animation at a nominal 15-22 FPS. I have the best scenery around me, that I have **EVER seen** in a flight simulator. FS9--nope. Flight Unlimited 3--nope. Xplane 8.X--nope. (I own all of them.)None of the above is even now giving me close to the true-to-life realism and depiction as is FSX with the addon of GEXnhanced (most recent), Both UTX-USA and Canada, a couple of free-ware Land-Class...and that is it. I do not need another computer to run the above. At 20 FPS, all is now a going concern. What also is most needed, is for you to use Nick's XP tune-up.No more tweak posts from myself. The eagle has landed. Now..back to Myrtle Beach, and just drop-dead FSX view-scape! Ah...Life--is good.... Life is truly, good! :)

Guest Nick_N

LOLDon't try that in NYC or LAX... you will probably come to a screeching halt.my list wont turn a p4 into a quad or a 256mb video card into a 768 monster, but it does remove all the redundant cycles FSX nails the system with in the storage area and also forces Windows to let your system work instead of suck the life out of it.as I said before.. forget about the frames,... they mean nothing! Look at the visuals.. are they sharp, clear and is flight smooth.. that

Guest Nick_N

ROFL!Ohhhh -you ARe- taunting him now.... he just saved a whole bunch of money by going to Geico and now you are putting ideas back in his head. I agree... he should upgrade the hardware. His experience would be several fold better.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185634.gif

Guest ledzzepplin

I missed something here ... Where can I find Nick's tune up?

Guest Nick_N

>I missed something here ... Where can I find Nick's tune up?Its in the thread:"I died and have gone to heaven! WOW, WOW, and er..WOW!"http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...36440&mode=fullWhere you will also find notes and Q/A below the post.. I suggest you read it from my tune-up list, all the way down so you get any questions answered you may have. If you still have a question, post it in that thread and I will answer there.Direct link to the post and you must be on XP SP2http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=436619&page=