Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Advertising?? Message for Tom Allensworth

Hi,1. You realize that Jay works for them, correct?2. You also know that all the adds here are paid for by the individual companies, correct?3. It is not up to AVSIM to judge through advertising which products are good or bad. That is the customer's judgment. As long as they pay their fee, the worst product in the world should be able to be advertised.4. Tom and the mods. pretty much know who works for who.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Robbo9, you don't know the whole story and your post is off-board. Believe it or not, we know exactly what we do when deleting a topic.We will not accept stealth advertising in our forums. And Jaykae knows #### well that it is the case.And we also know when locking a topic.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Robbo9

Hi Tom,I know you are the moderator for this forum, and I must say that I have viewed many Avsim articles where not only was there blatant advertising involved but there also seemed to be no locking of the threads. Being a fair minded person, one does need to weigh up the difference between blatant advertising, and a forum notice of new and exciting developements to, and for the flight sim community. The locking of the thread that Jaykae posted was a mistake by you, and if you are in any doubt of that, you should re open the thread, and let the flight sim community read the original posts and make opinions on this. Lets face it, the Adds you run on all of the pages at Avsim are blatant advertising, if i like a product and write a post about it, that is blatant advertising whether i have a connection to the product or not. Many posters in the forum are guilty of blatant advertising every day, and in many posts on Avsim in many ways. What worries me is that you not only locked the subject, but removed the content within the subject, so as to deny the flight sim community the information regarding a very important and wonderfull upcomming release to enhance the FSX platform for years to come. And I am proud to be an Aussie at this momentus occassion, and I believe you mistakenly viewed a post as blatant advertising when all it was, is an exhuberent joy in a new payware release shortly. Also if your policy is now to ban advertising through forums, then a register of payware employees needs to be developed, so that the rule can be applied evenly accross all developers. Also when it comes to payware Avsim need to stop sitting on the fence, either the product is good for the community or not so good, I think there have been many occassions where products that should have been lambasted as pathetic and not value at all, should have been not supported by Avsim, and to this day I still have products on my shelf that I never use, after seeing the adds at Avsim which encouraged me to purchase them. I know you need funds to continue the great work that you have done in area's. But I applaud you if you would at least make a stand against the not so good products that you allow to advertise on the site. I dont post a lot here, but I am an avid reader of posts and developments in the flight sim community. I believe, and also am hoping that this notice is not locked, and also that you will on matters of fairness have a genuine debate on the desination for Avsim. I hope all readers will be couteous and refrain from outright stupidity, and contribute to the the mature growth of this forum.