Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nils79

Unbelievable...

Thats pre-rendered. Does look nice though. Maybe FS will actually look like that in a few years.

Guest Nils79

Yes it's pre-rendered and FSX will never look exactly like that, but it's not to hard to imagine how London (or any other city) could look like in FSX.I have already seen the high-res ground textures in my FSX, i "only" need the objects...

the problem isn't so much making FS look like that (apart from time of course) as doing it while retaining enough performance to keep it flyable.

I haven't got a clue what 'pre-rendered' means but does it equal puffery? (-:

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

it means it's a still image rendered using special software, NOT an actual screenshot.It's no more real in relation to FS than is the cover of a science fiction book showing some distant planet with cities and forests to a real landscape on earth.

Guest SIDDickDastardly

Well.. yes and no - the textures and models in the clip are all from a forthcoming add-on for FSX, they've just been rendered using something other than the FSX engine for this preview movie so calling it "Sci Fi" is perhaps a little harsh. I take your point about performance, though - I doubt fps on my rig has any chance of getting into double digits with that kind of level of detail.Cheers,DD

Guest Nils79

>...the textures and models in the clip are>all from a forthcoming add-on for FSX..Brilliant vision (concept) of a FSX add-on. I'm looking forward to it.