Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

FSX needs a ...

>Concorde! Agreed! I really liked the Concorde from the old FS 2002 days (or was it FS 2000) :)From what I remember the approach speeds are quite fast (170 kts). Also don't forget the reheats ("afterburners") on take off.Are there any in development for FSX?

Matthew S

Guest SanH

mmm...not much of a plane to be honest. In VC none of the controls work and in 2D cockpit mode none of the controls (i.e. autopilot) work. I guess its more for manual flying.

>mmm...not much of a plane to be honest. In VC none of the>controls work and in 2D cockpit mode none of the controls>(i.e. autopilot) work. I guess its more for manual flying.Autopilot works fine for me! The readme file explains it, you need to start up in the Ultralite or cessna first, then switch back to the Concorde, then the AP and other functions will work!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest SanH

ah me dumb, thanks tom, will give it a try.

Guest SanH

ok autopilot working, and i forgot to put the gauges in the gauges folder.onto problem no.2in the virtual cockpit i am getting a black window. The cockpit is all there and works but i cant see anything out of the window. Just a back screen. However if i switch between full screen and windowed mode for a brief second i can see out of the window. any ideas what is causing this or how to fix it? i love flying VC. the 2d cockpit appears all fine.

I believe SSTSIM.com is making a Concorde for FSX. There has been little or no news on it for a long time so I cannot advise as to when or if it will be released. In the meantime, if you want to fly Concorde you should consider the SSTSIM product for FS9.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

>ok autopilot working, and i forgot to put the gauges in the>gauges folder.>>onto problem no.2>>in the virtual cockpit i am getting a black window. The>cockpit is all there and works but i cant see anything out of>the window. Just a back screen. However if i switch between>full screen and windowed mode for a brief second i can see out>of the window. any ideas what is causing this or how to fix>it? i love flying VC. the 2d cockpit appears all fine.Don't tell me! FSX SP2 strikes again?? I use SP1!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest SanH

Ok, i followed the instructions on Taylor's blog and have got the VC window to appear transparent i.e. i can see where i am going. Quite frankly the Concorde is excellent and the virtual cockpit is pretty good too. Unfortunately i still get the black window effect when flying at night and i switch on the cockpit lighting so i just fly during the day. Thanks all for your help.

Hello Andrew,That's good news! With the demise of PSS it looks like you'll have a monopoly in the commercial market.Despite building a new system to cope with FSX I'm still keeping FS9 and being able to fly Concorde is one of the main reasons even though it is your former competitors offering. ;-)Hope all is well with you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,I was waiting to see just how long it would be before you spotted this thread ;)Looking forward to hearing 'Birdseed 001, contact Sydney Approach on ...' in FSX. LOL.--Dean

Hi Dean,Birdseed indeed! Those down-under have a lot to answer for! (-: It will take a minimum of three hops to YSSY. London-Dubai-Singapore-Sydney might just about be doable.Better than 24 hours in the Queen of the Skies. Yeh, right, there was only one Queen and it flew at Mach 2 - not M0.86! :7

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather