Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Fancy flying today, UK?

Guest Xiderpunk

Seeing as the weather is gorgeous today: METAR EGLF 311120Z 27010KT CAVOK 08/04 Q1024=I plan on flying this afternoon in my C172, know this is a long shot but does anyone living near Blackbushe, Hampshire fancy coming along for the ride? Free flying folks, can't be bad offer ;-).PM me in next couple of hours if interested.

Guest PilotMoz

Hi,Although I could not travel to you I would just like to say that it is great that you have offered this ride.I have 46hrs on the C172 and was ready to do my skills test around the 15th Dec 2006 but that was when the 50kts winds were bashing the UK so I have had to wait for some decent weather and to get myself back up to scratch with the book work after the christmas break. Timing eh! Anyway, I will have it completed at Plymouth in the next month so see you in the air soon :)Flying is especially frustrating when the METAR says CAVOK but the wind is 30G50KT :/Regards,David

Guest airbus2

This is probably too late for your planned flight today, but next time your out and about how about visiting southend, my local airport! Hope you had a nice flight today.Dave

Guest Xiderpunk

Ah thanks, yeah was fantastic weather at least in the south. Actually have not got around to flying to Southend as yet but grew up near there in Basildon so may well visit at some point in near future :-).

.........And I'm near Exeter (EGTE).Next time?

Dave Taylor gb.png