Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX SP2 TWEAKS?

Guys, what are the current tweaks you use in FSX SP2 to improve fluidity and FPS? SP2 is very different from intitial release and SP1, so I wonder if texture, clouds, autogen reductions are still applicable. Is {JOBSCHEDULER} section is still actual, what else?I guess this part in FSX.cfg is still useful:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=XXX TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=XXXAlso, for example, I'll try one advise I found here today and bring down BUILDINGS to 0 with hires GEX textures installed.I got a medium to strong system with C2 Extrm 6800, 8800GT @650/950Mhz, 4GB RAM (boot.ini fixed for WinXP SP2 32-bit) and I want an update on what is the current state of popular tweaks for FSX?Thanks.

if you search this forum using "sp2 tweaks" and look at the 5th hit "FSX question for Phil Taylor" you will get some, but likely not all, of what you are looking for.

Guys, which texture resolution do you set ingame for GEX and UTX? Is it quite different, say 1m or 30cm visually? (In FSX.cfg it corresponds to values 25 and 27 respectively). Is there noticeable impact on performance and FPS if you played with this value? I have not found any.Thanks.

Guest firehawk44

"Guys, which texture resolution do you set ingame for GEX and UTX? Is it quite different, say 1m or 30cm visually? (In FSX.cfg it corresponds to values 25 and 27 respectively). Is there noticeable impact on performance and FPS if you played with this value? I have not found any."It looks like you answered your own question Dirk. The only way to find out is to do what you did (play with this value) as no two systems are alike. You didn't find any difference but someone else playing with those values may find they create havoc on their system. I have GEX/UTX and my resolution is set at 1m and I receive good FPS and nice crisp textures as long as I'm not in high density areas like LAX, SEA, or JFK. The aircraft I'm flying has a lot to do with the FPS too. I use no "tweaks".Jim

Thanks, Jim. 1m is what I've always used.

Another couple of useful tweaks:1. Replace the trees with a lower resolution version, I use:'Generation-X Volume 1: Photoreal Trees'2. Fix the flashing clouds:Search for Flashing clouds and shader in this forum3. Force Vsync to "on" via nhancer to fix tearing scenery when banking the airplane.

Bert

>Another couple of useful tweaks:>>1. Replace the trees with a lower resolution version, I use:>>'Generation-X Volume 1: Photoreal Trees'>>2. Fix the flashing clouds:>>Search for Flashing clouds and shader in this forum>>3. Force Vsync to "on" via nhancer to fix tearing scenery when>banking the airplane.Thanks, Bert. I got flashing clouds too, is the fix in the library? Never liked #3, I trade tearing for higher number of non-completed frames. They all matter in heavy rain and clouds. I'll try the trees, the stock ones don't look good to me.

>'Generation-X Volume 1: Photoreal Trees'Where did you get those from? They are not in the library.I got only treex_v2.1.zip here.I've found that flashing clouds thread, thanks.Thanks.

Guest Nick_N

>Guys, what are the current tweaks you use in FSX SP2 to>improve fluidity and FPS? SP2 is very different from intitial>release and SP1, so I wonder if texture, clouds, autogen>reductions are still applicable. Is {JOBSCHEDULER} section is>still actual, what else?>>I guess this part in FSX.cfg is still useful:>>[TERRAIN]>TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=XXX >TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=XXX>>Also, for example, I'll try one advise I found here today and>bring down BUILDINGS to 0 with hires GEX textures installed.>>I got a medium to strong system with C2 Extrm 6800, 8800GT>@650/950Mhz, 4GB RAM (boot.ini fixed for WinXP SP2 32-bit) and>I want an update on what is the current state of popular>tweaks for FSX?>>Thanks.you should not have to use those lines at all with your system... tweaks I recommend are herehttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=436619&page=and with the exception on the actual box and slider settings which are based on the system itself, the rest are herehttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=437662&page=Sp2 fixed threading issues.. JOBSCHEDULER was removed from my list as well as just about everything else other than what i posted in link #2 abovegood luck

Nick, thank you for your posts. I found those tweaks and did them already a few days ago. All saved and epitomized. :)Edit: Oh, the second link is new. Thanks.!