Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Leap Year day for Logbook

Guest richie1935

Hi Fellow Simmers,Has anybody else had this problem logging the leap year date 02/29/08 today in the log book? I completed a flight and the date and time came up blank in the log book although all the other entries were entered. I changed the date in the calendar to 02/28/08, then made a short flight and it registered the date 02/28/08 correctly, so it appears that FSX log book does not recognize the leap year date although the calendar shows it correctly.I was previously registered as richie35 and had an email change so I registered under this new name.Richie1935

>Hi Fellow Simmers,>Has anybody else had this problem logging the leap year date>02/29/08 today in the log book? I completed a flight and the>date and time came up blank in the log book although all the>other entries were entered. I changed the date in the calendar>to 02/28/08, then made a short flight and it registered the>date 02/28/08 correctly, so it appears that FSX log book does>not recognize the leap year date although the calendar shows>it correctly.>>I was previously registered as richie35 and had an email>change so I registered under this new name.>>Richie1935> Given the problems with the FSX logbook, this doesn't surprise mein the least. Mine is even more FUBAR than just 'no date'...My 3 flights today were logged as '11/30/02'...It just boggles my mind as to how something so simple can getso PORKED. The 'editing causes corruption' being at the topof the list as to how did this get through QA? Paul ( off to edit my logbook with a REAL editor...)

Wide-5.jpg

Hehe, just noticed this too. My friends and I just set off on a twelve leg SR-71 round the world tour in multiplayer tonight. When I checked the logbook afterwards and found no date for the flight I figured it was because we'd blown through four time zones in less than two hours at 1800 kts and had simply broken it somehow. ;) Then I realized it was a leap day. Oh well. I'd say that's a pretty minor bug in the grand scheme of things. :)

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Same thing here. I was gonna try to edit the date to 2-30-2008 and see what happens but I didn't want to push my luck.Chalk up another one for the infamous logbook.Dave ESSB

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

>Same thing here. I was gonna try to edit the date to>2-30-2008 and see what happens but I didn't want to push my>luck.>Chalk up another one for the infamous logbook.>>Dave >ESSB>I used my logbook editor to enter the correct date ( 2/29/08 )for my three flights yesterday. When I opened the logbook againin FSX the dates were blank, however using the logbook editor tolook at the entries, they are still intact as I had edited them.So, even if you correct the entires externally, FSX will notdisplay the corrected entries for 2/29...The FSX logbook routine is truely retarded! Paul

Wide-5.jpg

>>The FSX logbook routine is truely retarded!Yea for sure. It was a big problem at first with corruption. Seemed to ease off after SP1. After quite a few hours i figured out how to correct it without losing everything. Then the logbook repair proggy came out but I havent tried it yet.Who knows about SP2 I havent installed it and don't plan to. Everything is running fine now so if it ain't broke I'm not fixin it.DaveESSB(Hood2 from the newsgroup)

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png