Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

GEXNHANCED OR UTX-USA&CANADA

If you had limited funds,which of the two would you buy or buy first? I am on a Dell P4,3.00ghz,1.00gb ram with large enough disc space. /thanks for any suggestions. BK

Neither. I'd buy another stick of ram to take yor machine to 2gig because XP and FSX needs that as a minimum. Vista even more.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

>If you had limited funds,which of the two would you buy or>buy first? I am on a Dell P4,3.00ghz,1.00gb ram with large>enough disc space. /thanks for any suggestions.> BKIm very satisfied with UTX. Runs good on a 2ghz box with 2 gigs of ram. Havent seen the other one...yet.DaveESSB

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

GEX is great. It blows away the FSX ground textures. UTX and GEX are two different animals. GEX is for ground textures and UTX is to relpace the landclass. Also GEX wont take any FPS away where UTX probably will which might be a proble w/1 gig ram. If it were me I would get GEX and after you add some more power to your system add UTX. Just my opinion.

Jim Wenham

Guest JimC1702

>GEX is great. It blows away the FSX ground textures. UTX and>GEX are two different animals. GEX is for ground textures and>UTX is to relpace the landclass. Also GEX wont take any FPS>away where UTX probably will which might be a proble w/1 gig>ram. If it were me I would get GEX and after you add some more>power to your system add UTX. Just my opinion.That's not quite accurate. UTX only contains URBAN landclass. Other than that it uses default landclass. It's main function is to provide accurate roads, railroads, rivers, streams, and coastlines. To the original poster, if I could only buy one it would have to be UTX mainly because it places a local river which FSX did not have but which is a major feature for VFR flight and making the local area look right.Anyone wanting to fly VFR will benefit from the accurate roads, rails, and waterways.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

>GEX is great. It blows away the FSX ground textures. UTX and>GEX are two different animals. GEX is for ground textures and>UTX is to relpace the landclass. Also GEX wont take any FPS>away where UTX probably will which might be a proble w/1 gig>ram. If it were me I would get GEX and after you add some more>power to your system add UTX. Just my opinion.Actually I see a little performance increase after I installed UTX. At least on my box anyway stuff seems to be a little smoother. I bought all 3 of them.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

>That's not quite accurate.I would say 'That's completely wrong'! ;) UTX gives you indeed accurate roads, railroads, rivers, streams, and coastlines. The landclass is more some sort of bonus!I'd also recommend UTX over GEX. UTX will change your way of flying, specially if you are into VFR: you will be able (in areas known to you, otherwise you'll need charts ;) ) to fly simply by looking at the roads and waters. All the places I can find by car in my country (Netherlands) I can also find while flying thanks to UTX. It's just like being there!GEX will give you better looking textures, but that's it: it won't change FSX as much UTX will. Imho. Still, I would get GEX as soon as possible after getting UTX. ;) I am currenly awaiting the release of GEX Europe (I already own UTX Europe), because I am sure it will make the experience even better!

>If you had limited funds,which of the two would you buy or>buy first? I am on a Dell P4,3.00ghz,1.00gb ram with large>enough disc space. /thanks for any suggestions.> BK--------------------BK, I would not buy ***EITHER***, until you let your system have 2 gigs of memory. If not, you will not see the dramatic difference that either software, or better yet, BOTH make for the visual experience.So...save your coin for another 1 gig stick of memory, and then first buy GEXnhanced. That will set you up for what great overlay UTX will give you upon it. I also suggest that you purchase both UTX-USA and Canada. That way you will have a seamless transition if you fly in the boundary states/provinces.I have a P4 3.4GHz, with 3 gigs of system RAM. Two gigs will give you just as good performance. My P4 3.4 GHz handles GEXnhanced and UTX, (WITH...WITH having used Nick N.'s XPsp2 Tweak, STEP-by-STEP) no problems. I got a 100 percent FPS gain in FSX, but ONLY after TWEAKING XP..and getting rid of the BLOAT LOAD that doesn't have to be there to use any flight sim.Have fun..but honestly---don't set yourself up for a performance disappointment. You need at least 2 gigs on your machine. Then go nuts with the software addons. :)My two cents, OK...three cents.Mitch