Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

Great FSX take off tutorial

Guest PilotJames

Hey everyone,i've recently installed FS X and its been an amazing time playing with it. i still haven't got the taking off part right, so if anyone knows-- i'd really love some help. i already saw this video: http://www.5min.com/Video/FSX-PMDG747-take...utorial-8665879its really good... what do you think? got more ideas?pilot James

FS itself comes with a nice set of tutorials...

>Hey everyone,>>i've recently installed FS X and its been an amazing time>playing with it. i still haven't got the taking off part>right, so if anyone knows-- i'd really love some help. i>already saw this video:>its really good... what do you think? got more ideas?>>pilot JamesThat's actually not a good tutorial for the PMDG 744X. One you don't program the FMC on the runway, Two he didn't use proper lights for takeoff, no runway lights, only taxi lights. (You just don't "turn on the lights for the H*** of it!") He didn't turn on the seat belt sign, He only turned on the No Smoking sign, and on takeoff, he didn't set Auto brakes to RTO and last that I saw, didn't use the TO/GA button on the throttle to advance the throttle, this will regulate the power for takeoff based on the current aircraft configuration. It is also advisable to use a Joystick to fly not a mouse, but I guess if that's all you have, it will have to do. He also used minimal flaps for takeoff 10 degrees, whether you use 10 degrees or 20, will depend on aircraft weight, length and condition of runway and weather conditions. If you want a good tutorial for this aircraft, I suggest you go to the source, go to the PMDG website, look in the download section for documentation, and there are a few good tutorials there. Using this one will teach you some bad habits, if you want to fly this bird properly, by procedures.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

On the other hand, the OP never said he had the PMDG or indeed any add-on aircraft. Assuming you don't, and are just flying the default aircraft, taking off in those is even simpler than it looks from this video.I can heartily recommend the lessons that come with the sim -- that's how I learned to "fly". I also recommend starting with the Cessna 172, not the Boeing 747.Colin

Why do these sort of video tutorials always seem to have a narrator who must work for Insomniacs Anonymous as sideline ?! :D