Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

'Previous Flight' has disappeared?!

Hi,For some reason the default 'Previous Flight' has disappeared and it doesn't get created again, I always have that flight loaded default to pick up where I last left FS but now when that saved file isn't there anymore I can't do that.I tried saving a flight with the same name 'Previous Flight' but of course that will only take me to where I saved that flight instead of where I last left FS.Anyone seen this or know how to have FSX create the real 'Previous Flight' again?TIA,

Richard Åsberg

Hmm...that's strange because I used to have it and I'm sure I haven't deleted this 'Previous Flight' myself.And if I save a flight the way you suggest that saved situation will not be updated as far as I know? Say for example I'm at airport A and save that situation. Then I fly to airport B and exit FS. If I then load the saved flight I will be back at airport A again and not where I last left off - that is at airport B.So...are you saying there is no way in FSX to have FSX automatically pick up where last left off? And if that is the case that would be a change since FS9 becuase there the 'Previous Flight' worked just that way and I'm 99% sure I had the same functionality in FSX up until just recently or maybe I'm getting too old here mixing things up ;)

Richard Åsberg

It is indeed a change from FS9's behavior.FSX does not have a "Previous Flight" option any longer. As previously stated, you have to save your current flight prior to exiting the sim.For my own continued sanity, I save the final flight as "Where I Stopped - CJ1 (the "- acftname" reminds me about what a/c I was using when I saved that flight).As it happens, I have about a dozen "Where I Stopped '- acftname'" flights, since I fly/test many different aircraft. Using this method, I can pick up and continue any of them as my needs and/or whims dictate. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

FSUIPC adds the capability to start from the previous flight, even naming it so.Regards,Jim Karn

>FSUIPC adds the capability to start from the previous flight,>even naming it so.>>Regards,>Jim KarnThat is great! I do have FSUIPC installed, what do I need to do to have it save my last situation automatically so that is where FS will start next time?Like I said I do belive I used to have this functionality in FSX as well even though someone said above that function is not in FSX so I guess that was FSUIPC then...just wondering why it stopped work...?

Richard Åsberg

Guest EdrickV

Actually FSX creates a Previous Flight file when you start a flight, but it's seperate from the regular saved flights and gets deleted when you quit FSX. (It's found in the fsx.cfg folder.)"Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Not sure why this stopped working for a while but now everything is back to normal. I noticed when looking in the Flight Simulator X Files that there were some 'Previous Flight' files in there that got updated automatically and when looking in FSX the description for this saved flight is 'Saved by FSUIPC'.Like I said, not sure what happened but everything is back to normal and I'm happy :)

Richard Åsberg

I am having the same problem. Only mine has not straightened itself out. Same scenario: Previous flight stuck at airport "A" indicating saved by FSUIPC What gives?????????? How do I fix????????????