Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Need opinion on the Wilco CRJ for FSX!!!!!

Hello Gang!I've seen al the fanfare about the Wilco CRJ200/700/900 package for FSX. Is it any good??????? Should I stick with the Posky and default FSX CRJ or is this a wothy package??????Thanks for any input!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Ulf,Your 'url's failed mate

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest PPSFA

For me, the lack of a dedicated support forum by Wilco is a show stopper, since it's almost impossible the get any user feedback on how it works in FSX.

yes, no telling how long Feelthere will support the product (depending on contract duration with Wilco). At some stage they'll shut down support and Wilco will just keep telling people to go to Feelthere anyway.And Wilco will continue selling the product well after that.

I'll never buy from them again after getting the Citation X. It's not a bad product but I had some issues and felt that I was doing the tango everytime I went to Wilco/Feelthere for some support...contact Wilco, they contact Feelthere, Feelthere contacts Wilco, Wilco sends me an email and so on....Brent

Guest UlfB

>Ulf,>>Your 'url's failed mateSorry :-hmmm You'll find the posts if you do an advanced search with Wilco CRJ.There is a lot of posts OT.Ulf B

Guest PPSFA

>all questions on how to fly and use feelThere designed>aircraft can be asked in this forum ->>http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27>>>saying there is 'no forum' and 'no support' is a LIE!This is from the forum 'rules' for that link:Dear Folks,This forum is to discuss general questions about how to fly an airplane and ask queastions from other members, pilots. This is NOT a technical support forum and please don't expect answers from feelThere members. Please do not use it for technical support or non ariplane specific questions. This is not a general discussion and topics not related to the forum will be removed without notice.We suggest starting each topic with the name of the specific airplane such as "737 - how to fly a correct approach" , etc.I hope with this forum we help you either further to enjoy flight simming.Thank youVic & teamThis is from the old CRJ Forum, whos last post is Dec 2004:Dear Folks,The CRJ was developed by feelThere however it's a Wilco product. In the past 6 months we have answered most of the technical problems here on the forum. Our support contract with Wilco has been expired so I would like to ask you to send your support request to Wilco from now using Wilco's technical support form at www.wilcopub.comIt will not effect the ERJ forum since the ERJ is a feelThere product.Thank youVictor and the CRJ teamDraw your own conclusions

>Draw your own conclusionsthe facts -if you have what you believe is a 'bug' you must report this through wilco's support form (http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support_form). why? #1 this give the programmers full data on the user's system which is very helpful for IDing problems; #2 this give the programmers information that shows how issues are manifesting in a database format verses pulling that information from a forum where posts are spread across pages and pages and pages and pages; #3 only bugs reported by licensed users will be researched.the 'unofficial' forum is for questions on how to fly feelThere designed aircraft. it is for asked questions on how the operate the aircraft functions and how to work within the simulation code (FS's and the products). the vast majority of questions are on procedures and function - NOT CTDs and other 'bugs'.even so the above rules above are 'soft' in their enforcement. many 'bugs' are discussed with solutions found in the 'unofficial' forum.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest UlfB

>>Draw your own conclusions>>the facts ->>if you have what you believe is a 'bug' you must report this>through wilco's support form>(http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support_form). >why? #1 this give the programmers full data on the user's>system which is very helpful for IDing problems; #2 this give>the programmers information that shows how issues are>manifesting in a database format verses pulling that>information from a forum where posts are spread across pages>and pages and pages and pages; #3 only bugs reported by>licensed users will be researched.>>the 'unofficial' forum is for questions on how to fly>feelThere designed aircraft. it is for asked questions on how>the operate the aircraft functions and how to work within the>simulation code (FS's and the products). the vast>majority of questions are on procedures and function - NOT>CTDs and other 'bugs'.>>even so the above rules above are 'soft' in their enforcement.> many 'bugs' are discussed with solutions found in the>'unofficial' forum.>>>--I've drawn a conclusion from your answer: It's NOT a lie to say that the FeelThere/Wilco CRJ has no support forum. It's true that there are several unofficial support forums on the web, but none is official.Ulf B

Ulf B (and others):the http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27 is official support - from myself, eric, vic, alex, wilco, etc. all persons/entities that are connected with the feelThere designed aircraft.'unofficial' in this case relates to there will not be 'bug tracking' nor 'bug solutions' chased using the forum. for products with a locked forum bugs MUST be reported using wilco's support form (unless noted by the programmers - vic, alex, eric, etc.)what would be more official - you paying for my/vic/alex/eric/etc's airline ticket, rental car, meals, hotel etc for us to provide support in your home ;).the forum is feelthere's.the support is provided by feelthere.the forum is 'official' developer provided support.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Personally, I have a lot of fun with it.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Guest UlfB

Scoob,Supportforum available? In theory no, but in practise yes. I'll alter my conclusion to: Who gives a #### if it's official or not. If it satisfies the majority of the customers, then it's ok. I shouldn't have posted in this thread.Over time I've been the victim of buying one really bad aircraft add on. This company had a support forum where respones from the developer(s) where fast. The forum support was excellent, but the aircraft never flew as it should. Honestly, I'd prefer the other way around.Happy flying to you all!Ulf B :-)

Scoob,Yes - you do have a forum where questions can be asked and sometimes answered, but - and that's a big but IMHO - the quality of many of those answers, as well as the attitude displayed, do not justify the use of the word SUPPORT in connection with that forum. Just my personal opinion - nothing less, nothing more.S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models