Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Need opinion on the Wilco CRJ for FSX!!!!!

Yeah, I had 5 obviously pre-sales questions that I wrote to their contact form. They made me submit it through their support form. I filled it out the best I could, even including info they did NOT deserve, like my street address. Still, I couldn't complete it because I don't own the product (serial #, exe name, etc.) and they still just wrote back "Please fill out the form completely."I told them to forget it, that I wouldn't buy it after that treatment and then they started giving me answers. (maybe it helped that I wrote "Forget it" 40 times in caps.)After that (finally getting the answers), I was willing to buy it, but after the feedback I've seen recently, I'm going to skip this company.

10290.jpg

generate-signature-new-2.php?login=USA1205

It is a wonderful plane to fly in FSX, guys! It is a jet, it is more than less realistic, and it is the WINNER in the FPS. Amazing how FPS friendly IT IS in FSX, I don't know the secret, but it is the best performer. Load your FSX with GEX and UT and FEX etc, and enjoy them all flying in VC pit.Dirk.

This product could be cataloged under "Opportunity knocked and no one heard it." One of the most popular regional jets in real life, and the only commercially available offering of a CRJ2 (read no competition), and they choose to develop it as a get-on-it-and-flight model (read incomplete FMS, many systems not modeled, even if the switch clicks). Since this product was introduced for FS9, how many competitor products have arrived? Answer, none. Why did Feelthere/Wilco chose not to improve/patch/upgrade it? Sure, the ERJ is probably equally popular, which they released in a more complete version, but they had no competition on the CRJ2, and they already had the base, though incomplete already out before they went the EJR route. In my humble opinion, that was a missed opportunity. Digital Aviation announced a CRJ2 some years ago, but the project remains incomplete (http://www.digital-aviation.de/l_html/aircraft_crj200_main.html). If you're interested in flying the CRJ2, consider the Project OpenSky free offering (http://www.projectopensky.com/downloads-index.php) combined with the SkyDecks commercial panel (http://www.sky-decks.com/sd-html_015.htm). Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Hey Dave!Thanks for your reply!I deducted the same thing. POSKY and SD panel. The only problem is that the SD panel for FSX is not yet available (I fly FSX). The other thing is that the POSKY CRJ flight model is very jerky/sensitive, although no big deal for us beast tamers. Can't wait for SD to release their CRJ panel for FSX.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Wilcos products viz PIC 737 corrupt the xml.dll file and render other otherwise superb payware products unusable-eg Leveld 767 and PMDG 747.This issue was identified by PMDGs 747 team so I WILL NOT BE USING THEIR PRODUCTS "support" or no.Jay

>>Draw your own conclusions>>the facts ->>if you have what you believe is a 'bug' you must report this>through wilco's support form>(http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support_form). Which will lead to an email from Wilco telling you to go to Feelthere and post your support request in the "support forum", which tells you to go to Wilco and use the support form.I told you that before...That's the situation with the T7, I don't think it'll be any different with other products.

example of 'lack of support' -http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10346the above thread ends with this comment -[blockquote]...Regarding the CRJ700/900 slat display, there was a bug, which is now fixed. The fix will be available soon.Eric {marciano, one of the lead feelThere programmers}[/blockquote]looks like forum based support that is assisted by the data submitted from the wilco support form that confirms #1 only registered owners 'bugs' will receive the attention of programmers (not those with hacked/stolen copies); and #2 form provides full info needed by the programmers to solve the issue.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest UlfB

>example of 'lack of support' ->Yes. Lack of OFFICIAL support. Your link goes to an unofficial forum. Just like the PSS unofficial support forum.Come back with a link to a fresh official support post, please.Ulf B

>>example of 'lack of support' ->>>>Yes. Lack of OFFICIAL support. Your link goes to an unofficial>forum. Just like the PSS unofficial support forum.>>Come back with a link to a fresh official support post,>please.>>Ulf B> How good is MSFS's official support forum btw?Dirk.

Guest UlfB

>>How good is MSFS's official support forum btw?>>Dirk.Dirk.Edited: I don't know. What do you think?The Wilco CRJ doesn't have any OFFICIAL support forum. I don't care if MS or you doesn't have one. It's all about the simple fact that the Wilco CRJ doesn't have an official support forum. The same goes for PSS add ons. Simple fact.Good that you and mie may obtain support on avsim and other forums about products from MS, PSS, Feelthere, Wilco, Aerosoft, O&O, noVidia, etc.Ulf B

so the fact that one of the primary designers of the CRJ over the past 5 years provided the help and information means nothing...that fact that a product that has existed and supported across two FS versions for four+ years means nothing...it is official, it is support and updates are provided.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>Wilcos products viz PIC 737 corrupt the xml.dll file and>render other otherwise superb payware products unusable-eg>Leveld 767 and PMDG 747.>This issue was identified by PMDGs 747 team so I WILL NOT BE>USING THEIR PRODUCTS "support" or no.>>>>JayWhat??

Here's the What!If you own the leveld 767 you will have panel initialisation errors caused by a corrupted xml.dll file.this issue has been extensively investigated and found to be due to wilcos 737 altering the xml.dll file in "non standard" fs addon fashion.If you search the wilco forum there is no solution for this offered.if you search the leveld forum(you have to be registered) help is aplenty.Doesnt affect you if you dont own or intend to own either! Hope that clarifies thingsJay

>>>example of 'lack of support' ->>>>>>>Yes. Lack of OFFICIAL support. Your link goes to an>unofficial>>forum. Just like the PSS unofficial support forum.>>>>Come back with a link to a fresh official support post,>>please.>>>>Ulf B>> >>How good is MSFS's official support forum btw?>>Dirk.Their official support channel is telephone support which in my experience is excellent.Combined with their knowledge base which is also quite good (though sometimes it can be a bit hard to find what you want because of the massive amount of information in there) and the selfhelp forums where MVPs and Microsoft employees also hang out (mostly development support through MSDN) they have a pretty complete package.Of course I've mostly had to deal with support channels for their professional product line, not their consumer products, which may or may not have anything to do with the quality of support.