Sign in to follow this  
Guest AirPierre

AI Traffic - absent, well partly?

Guest AirPierre

Is there a 'zonal' system that would stop AI showing in only certain longitudes? I can get AI at Belfast (EGAA) and Dublin (EIDW) but any further West as far as Mumbai (and even south to Cape Town) I get no third-party AI aircraft at all. This only effects aircraft btw as all the ground traffic on the roads and at the aiports (where incorporated) is hightly visible.If I keep going West right the way around the globe then all is well. I get major world airlines at most of the major airports so that eliminates the traffic files and the AFCADS so I guess it is (maybe) a rogue exclude but taking all my add-on scenery files out of the scenery.cfg file and just using default makes no difference.?This has happened only in the last couple of days and was fine before I installed Aerosfts' Mega Heathrow scenery (although I did get traffic initially when 'plane spotting' there!For info.: I am using FSX + SP1 only on WXPPro etc. etc. (Top end PC/Graphics too).

You will only see AI within 40 miles of you, so as you move around, planes will appear and disappear.Otherwise, your traffic data may not include flights in the areas you're talking about (Cape Town).

10290.jpg

generate-signature-new-2.php?login=USA1205

Guest AirPierre

Thanks for that - glad to say that things have improved a lot since I last wrote mainly because I have been advised that if there are ANY traffic files anywhere in my FSX folder and sub-folders then FSX traffic files will be ignored!So, having found all traffic files and re-compilled to FSX status (I found three) my AI is now back again - Phew!The '40 mile' rule does explain a couple of things as the three files were all in the UK - but why the 'gap' between Belfast and Mumbai; that is the real puzzle?!!Bye for now and thanks again,