Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Ken Salter's AlacrityPC released!!

Nope-everything set to restart-just went into the program section and starting chopping away.I was not sure also about + or - performance gain. We are having a heck of a snowstorm here and I had activesky set to go before fsx-and the heavy snow kept me from making a true compare-how lucky to be having another heavy snowstorm for the zillionth time this winter! :-grrhttp://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Is it worth trying under WinXP SP2 32-bit? I liked AutoIt overall but I think that the black console window (or the process) running in the background might have created a conflict with one or two of my panels. But overall it was a great utility, that did in one click what takes me too long to shut down manually one by one now. Never could defrag 2Gb of RAM though (what ever that meant). Is Alacrity aware of 4Gb RAM under WinXP 32-bit with that /3Gb switch in boot.ini? My OS shows 3Gb RAM and BIOS 4Gb PM.

Is it worth it?The best is to try and see.APC won't harm your computer :--)I don't believe APC will recognize what your BIOS shows but what XP shows because it's a Windows application

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Works great for me with Vista 32...I have elected to have it open and monitor Active Sky X instead of FSX. I then setup my flight plan in ASX then have it launch FSX. I didn't notice much of a FPS increase but the textures seem to load faster and the flight was ultra smooth.Dell XPS 410 E6700 (2.66x2 GHz) /1066 FSB) | 3GB pc2-4200 | 256MB GeForce 8600 GT

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Guest drobson

>The explanations on the website are very clear, aren't they?Not really, IMO. Maybe your explanation will clear things up for myself and others, but the website instructions tell you almost nothing.Thanks for posting the directions here.Darrell

David,Are you saying you've been in touch with Ken? He's not been seen around these parts in a year or two. Is he steering clear of the FS community for a reason these days? His presence was sorely missed when he seemed to have disapeared all of the sudden. Please wish him well for us.(Edit): Kinda answered my own question by following David's link above and finding Ken's forums.http://kensalter.com/forum/index.php?topic=87.0Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Ok Geof... Thanks for the reply.Btw I watched that storm... seems it didn't end until sometime mid-day... you guys must have got a foot of snow. I would have appreciated you guys sharing a little with us here in Indy.Edit: Looks like more is on the way!Rob O.

>Is it worth it?>The best is to try and see.>APC won't harm your computer :--)>>I don't believe APC will recognize what your BIOS shows but>what XP shows because it's a Windows applicationDon't get me wrong here, I did not expect APC recognize what my BIOS shows, since even the OS shows only 3Mb available (which is right). The question was on purpose yet, since AutoIt could not defrag full 2Gb of RAM on my system. It migh not have been directly connected but that's what comes up in my memory. :)

Guest SanH

>Heavens above, this is astonishing! I've followed David's>instructions and also set the priority for FSX to "high" (or>whatever it is called) and my framerates have gone through the>roof - by which I mean they have increased by about 40%,>possibly more.How did you set the priority for FSX to "high"?

Guest thx1137

It worked very well for me with Vists 32. I will have to send him a few $$!Steven.

Er... when I add FSX.exe, should it be set to start before, monitor or start after...? And should I simply run FSX or do I have to open Alacricity first...? Is it necessary to enable forcing quit (or something like that), because I just ran Alacricity and it took about 5 minutes before it er... did nothing and enabled all killed programs again...

Guest thx1137

set it to monitor.

Okay, thanks. I got it now. I've added TrackIR as a 'start before' program. And I just figured out it's better to make a new (inherited) profile instead of turning the Vista one into an FSX profile. It did work now, however average fps went up from 26,8 to 28 (running a saved flight for a minute). Don't know if that 1 fps is worth having to wait 3.30 minutes before FSX is started... Didn't make a huge difference. But I'll test some more in even heavier conditions, although this one was quite heavy already: don't think things will improve more. I'll have to check smoothness a few times more before I can say anything about that: it's hard to test smoothness. I will also test if the freezing with DX10 might be eliminated somehow.I did have quite a hard time choosing which services to stop... In the end I closed almost everything unless I got a warning that made sense to me. ;) I plan to restart my computer anyhow after using Alacrity because it doesn't restore everything it seems.

Hi,APC is being updated almost everyday and getting better and better!Latest version is (Help/About):alacritypc.exe 1.0.0.42alacrityshared.dll 1.0.0.18alacritypccontrol.exe 1.0.0.22alacritypcupdater.exe 1.0.0.6You can easily download updates from the help menu.Hope it helps

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.