Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Are there any screenshots of the cockpit in the new Eaglesoft CitationX?

Cannot seem to find pictures on their web-site.. ps.. also not entirely clear what the deal is if I buy version 1.0 now, and v2.0 is released later.. maybe Ron can clarify.

Bert

According to their website... there's nothing different about the cockpit from the original FS9 version...

As I understand, version 2.0 is (will be) a completely new aircraft model, cabin, panel and cockpit (including a working FMS and other avionics). This 1.0 release was only done to accommodate the requests from many FSX users using the ported FS9 version in FSX, as some things did not operate correctly (like the ability to start from cold and dark).I don't believe there will be any automatic discount given to FSX version 1.0 Citation X users, but I would expect some discount coupons will be availiable when it is released regardless.I'm sure if Ron sees this, he can clarify.

How do you find out exactly what capabilities are in each version (especially in regards to the FMS and other avionics)? The only information I could find was a feature list where is states: "Dynamic and accurate Honeywell Primus 2000 avionics."

Check out the Eaglesoft support forum at:http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/index.phpUnfortunately ES has just 're-tooled' their support forums, but prior to that there was much discussion regarding the new avionics in version 2.0. If Ron has not reposted some of the threads, simply register and ask any questions you wish in the appropriate forum. Ron 'and gang' will be sure to answer pretty quickly and as thoroughly as possible.

>How do you find out exactly what capabilities are in each>version (especially in regards to the FMS and other avionics)?> The only information I could find was a feature list where is>states: "Dynamic and accurate Honeywell Primus 2000>avionics."http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationX_20.htm

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Cannot seem to find pictures on their web-site.. >>ps.. also not entirely clear what the deal is if I buy version>1.0 now, and v2.0 is released later.. maybe Ron can clarify.CX1.0 Screenshots are here: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CXss.htmCX1.0 for FSX should not be confused with our upcoming CX2.0 in any way. CX1.0 for FSX is released due to the popularity of our CX1.0 for FS9 and to accomodate the requests from users for an FSX version. We assume the requests were made so users could enjoy this version in FSX until CX2.0 is ready ;) To eliminate confusion, the full rundown on CX2.0 is here: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationX_20.htm and of course there is project coverage in our CX2.0 forums as well.;-) Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Check out the Eaglesoft support forum at:>>http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/index.php>>Unfortunately ES has just 're-tooled' their support forums,>but prior to that there was much discussion regarding the new>avionics in version 2.0. If Ron has not reposted some of the>threads, simply register and ask any questions you wish in the>appropriate forum. Ron 'and gang' will be sure to answer>pretty quickly and as thoroughly as possible.Correct Brian. We are working on it folks:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Yep:I assume you are talking about the frequencies for the radios. The standby frequencies where settings are made are so dim that they are hardly visable to me without squinting severely. I frequently adjust it and then switch to active (which is bright) to double check my settings.Prior replies to this have been that it is an FSX problem, but I don't seem to have this trouble with any other panel. I hope it brightens up in Version 2 (of which I anxiously await).Not bad mouthing the bird as it is one of my prime favorites (default in FS9), and this is about the only thing that bugs me. I have intended to patch in the Bendix Stack, and just have never got around to it.Respectfully:RTHEdit: The imported FS9 version has worked great for me for months in FSX with no significant problem IMHO.

CX2.0 uses the Honeywell Primus II Integrated Radio System w/Auto Tuning. Different stack altogether.No worries, CX2.0 will be fine :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png