Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

DBS Walk and Follow

Guest fsxmissionguy

Seems to be for sale only at The FlightSimStore, but that site does not have secure credit card transactions even though it claims to (so, it can't get my business.)Does anyone know anywhere else where you can purchase this software?

Guest PhilC

That's the only site I know of.I'm really surprised that they are not offering an upgrade price for those of us who bought the W&F for FS9. Guess I'll stick with the freeware EZ_Walccamera.

Guest fsxmissionguy

For a developer to have his application hosted on a site asking for credit card information from people in an unsecure manner is death.Who wants their identity stolen and their credit ruined in this day and age?What a shame. The application looks interesting, if a bit pricey at $30 USD.

I've checked the Certificate and it's valid for https://www.flightsimstore.com/ - and that's also the base URL. and it's using https (and SSL). Grated, I get a popup that states the is a page with both Secure and unsecure items - but to say this is unsecure, is quite a statement. Maybe I'm just stupid, but why do you think it's unsecure?EDIT: I've checked the page some more, and I can see that AES-256 bit crypt. is used. From my point of view the connection is Encrypted and secure.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Lars,Thanks for checking on this. My first clue was also the "secure and unsecure items."I also did not get a "lock" icon in IE7 on the credit card page.Microsoft specifically mentions this type of page design when discussing online transaction security:"Secure and non-secure content, or mixed content, means that a webpage is trying to display elements using both secure (HTTPS/SSL) and non-secure (HTTP) web server connections. This often happens with online stores or financial sites that display images, banners, or scripts that are coming from a server that is not secured. The risk of displaying mixed content is that a non-secure webpage or script might be able to access information from the secure content."It may not bother others, but it was a factor in my purchase decision.

I agree, it's a strange way they have done the stuff.However, it's not only "Walk and talk" but aso the new Orbix AU Blue scenery that has to be purchased there.So I've actually purchased it from them. If something bad comes out of it - I'll let you know. As I said, I might be stupid.;-) Edit for spelling..