Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Full Terrain eXperience (FTX) released tonight!

Guest pwheeler

>Would have made more sense to start with the US or Europe>since the vast majority of the simming community lives>there...Since OrbX is an Austrailian company... It makes more sense for them to do Australia first.I for one am glad. I'm bored of flying in Europe and the US. There's a big wide world out there!

Guest akashic flying

Just want to add that I also think FTX is the best scenery add-on for fsx so far. Its simply stunning and I wont be flying anywhere else for quite some time. Amazing autogen, amazing fps, amazing immersion factor. Yes its that good.

I think you are looking at FTX and GEX as competing products and in reality they are not. A look at the price points will tell you that. They offer a different type of coverage. They are supposed to be in different leagues!In fact they will work well together. As you leave an FTX area then the GEXn textures will take over and vice versa.As FTX is going to take a LOT of time to develop mass coverage, I have every intention of using both, although I have no interest in Austrailian flying so I will give this release a miss. It does look stunning though.

>tell you that. They offer a different type of coverage. They>are supposed to be in different leagues!>>In fact they will work well together. As you leave an FTX area>then the GEXn textures will take over and vice versa.>>As FTX is going to take a LOT of time to develop mass>coverage, I have every intention of using both, although I>have no interest in Austrailian flying so I will give this>release a miss. It does look stunning though. >>As for the price point a non argument Yep it's higher but you get a bit more detail and quality and natural colors thats why it's in an own league which set the benchmark for textures / lc / 3d lights / sharp detailed textures...Only Gex has the Advantage of a larger area... But I choose rather quality above quantity ;-)Long time ago we had Vauchez and Flight scenery which did the same...With respect but you have to see it in action in the sim for the price of an addon airport ;-) So if we had both products now available FTX Europe (which will be the case) and GEX Europe the choice for me is so easy ;-) FTXI have UTX Europe now and will use GEX Europe when available in the time between till FTX Europe arrives...For me it has been a long time ago that I was exited about a Flightsim product with the exception of addon airports and aircraft... http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Andre,Thats my point!They offer different experiences over different size areas of coverage at differnt price points with different lengths of development time.It's comparing apples to oranges.Glenn

Guest Nick_N

There is something for everyone and everyone

>Andre,>>Thats my point!>>They offer different experiences over different size areas of>coverage at differnt price points with different lengths of>development time.>>It's comparing apples to oranges.>>GlennGlenn just read at the FEX forums they are busy with ground textures for Europe to lol... and that wasn't GEX... confusing heheheThis will be a interesting year for us all :-)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

--->"I have UTX Europe now and will use GEX Europe when available in the time between till FTX Europe arrives..."Not a bad policy; I might opt for that too. Rumour is though that the FEX guys are also working on ground textures as can be read on simforum.com. It seems Europe will be their first release and it may well be as stunning as FTX. I saw a few screens today in a post by Peter Wilding, but strangely enough this post was removed...So in short, there's a lot going on in the ground texture world :) What intriges me in a possible FEX ground texture release though is the integration with FEX and the upcoming environment simulation as described on the FEX website.GEX/UTX will do the job in Europe untill FEX or FTX release their Europe sets. I wonder who'll be first. I wonder which will be best :) FSX is going to cost me more than any sim before...

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Guest Jimbofly

20 bucks to do the following:1) Provide you with an essentially new sim.2) Provide a revolutionary means of generating ground textures which look incredible and eliminate blurries3) Essentially remove tilingYep sounds expensive.James

Guest Nick_N

I agree with almost everything you said. I do see your finger slipped off the multiplier key on the calculator when you input the 20 bucks... its multiplied by the number of FTX sectors to cover the world in order to truly support #1 in the list.As for the assessment at the end, to me $10,000 is not expensive its a weekend in Vegas. Expensive is a relative term.

Guest thx1137

Amen.I expect most of us like to fly in our home country or region and the US and Europe are well served already by the default FSX let alone the addons so it is fantastic that Australia came first for a change. And if they do Japan, New Zealand and the rest of Asia I will be a very happy man!Steven.