Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

Can we stop naming products with X?

I appreciate that products want to let us customers know that their thing works with FSX, but my head is spinning:FSX, UTX, GEX, ASX, FTX, FEX...I'm sure I've missed more. And is Ultimate Traffic for FSX also UTX? Oh crud, we also have the Citation X but that one's real. Maybe I should switch to Mac OSX too :(Don

Perhaps we should apply it to computer systems that work with FSX too, like Falcon Northwest-X or Dell Gen-X-X....:)http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest cbuchner1

That's why I named mine Tileprox..Y

Guest fsxmissionguy

Wow, and all this time I've been calling it TileproXy.

I'm too old to be a gen-Xr but I'm having Xactly the same problem. I think acronyms have reached a CROSSroad. An intersection, if you will, between abreviated clarity and numbing sameness. I'm considering calling this situation AWX for Acronyms with "x". XXXoooosBob

Guest fsxmissionguy

LOL,AFAIAC ur AWXA is the GR8ST.

GAS-X, eX-laXKailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nvidia 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd2GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

heheh. I think Gas-X and eX-laX sums it up well.I'm off to play my Xylophone.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Ah shucks! I was hoping to name my new product "Scenery and Environment X"...you know, SEX for short... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

EXactly! EXtreme eXaserbation of X is eXtraordinarily eXhausting and taXing! X products eXude paradoXical eXamples of teXtures for any subteXt. Hopefully they will all become eXtinct when FSX eXpires or my head will eXplode from the eXploitation of the letter X. The letter X has become eXceedingly toXic and requires no further eXamination. Let's simply have no more products with an X affiXed because I wish that FSX never eXisted!Today I purchased a new Xylophone, a seXtant, a tuXedo and a new pet foX named ReX.Regards,Malcolm X.

Ha! Eaglesoft's google page rank will probably go up if you release that one. Its good to see all of the humor in these posts!

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Food For ThoughtWindows = Ver. 3.1(III)Windows NT = Ver 4(IV)Windows 95 = Ver 5(V)Windows 98 = Ver 6(VI)Windows ME = Ver 7(VII)Windows 2000 = Ver 8(VIII)Windows XP = Ver 9(IX)Windows Vista = Version 10(X) VISTA = WINX