Sign in to follow this  
757FO

Carendo MOONEY for FSX it out!!!

Oh, really?

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Oh, really?Why not ???S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Would be interested to know what you guys think, especially those who have been running the FS9 version in FSX (as I have) without any issues. Is the performance (frame rates and such) better? That kinda stuff.I'll probably buy it anyway, just not sure if I'm in a great hurry.

Guest akashic flying

Well i took her for a spin last night, and its an excellent plane. Wonderful graphics as you would expect, and flies great. I highly recommend it. Oh good fps too. Flying this plane over FTX last night almost brought tears to my eyes. Soooo good!!!

Well, I went ahead and bought it last night. As I said, I already had the FS9 version running pretty well.The biggest differences seem to be the models have been updated (did not check them for being 'true' FSX), and the inclusion of bump mapping and specular layers on the exterior textures. That said, the textures are still in .bmp format, not .dds format.Also, some functions now work in the VC that did not with the ported FS9 version.Frame rates seem to be roughly the same, but perhaps a bit better.Bottom line is this is a wonderful aircraft, and probably Carenado's best effort to date, but I'll let folks decide for themselves whether the extra money spent is worth it for the FSX version immediately (if they have been using the FS9 version ported). These were very few issues with the FS9 version in FSX with SP1 and SP2.

Guest akashic flying

Yes Steve, I have been using it in DX10 and everything seems to be fine! Thank goodness!

Hello all, Has the flight model been enhanced? As a Mooney owner, I previously posted about a few flaws with the FS9 version (P-Factor, stall characteristics, etc), othwewise the external model is well done, I suggest anyone to go get it! Mooneys are fun :)Happy landingsJohn

I have the FS9 version. What exactly do you have to do to port the FS9 Mooney for use in FSX? Is it just a matter of moving a copy of the FS9 Mooney folder into FSX?Thanks,Mitch

Yep, pretty much. Just move it into your FSX airplane folder.My ported FS9 Mooney had all the gauge files in the Panel folder itself. The FSX version places all the gauge files into the Gauge folder. Make sure you locate where you gauge files are, and put them either in the Panel folder, or Gauge folder.You must also check to make sure all your lighting files are in the Effects folder.

You must also check to make sure all your lighting files are in the Effects folder.------------------------------OK, I have everything over as you describe, and I now have my Mooney flying in FSX. Man, you have to LOVE the info that one gleans from these forums!!!! :)Thanks,Mitch

well I bought the FSX model and I am afraid the flight model "issues" are still there:- Poor P-Factor model: IRL, I almost need full right rudder when applying full power in order to keep the nose aligned with the runway- Slow flight/stall characteristics way off (again right rudder barely required to keep the ball centered. Try a full power on stall with the real mooney and you are in for a trip, expect a significant wing drop (either side)-Manifold pressure inacurrate, no way the real mooney can give you almost 25" at 7500fr (testing as I am typing)- RAM air, should only give 1" MPI hope this can be fixed, I will email Carenado with my comments, I think they did a great job overallHave a good weekend allJohn

Just wanted to give an update. The FS9 Mooney 'port' is great. I have the VC cabin, with no hits to the frames. Thank you to the original poster. I had tried to 'port' over a couple of stand-alone FS9 rigs, but didn't have luck for one thing or another. I do have some, but this is the first one, other than the Connie that was made to port by the issuer to really be considered a full success.Mitch

one more thing, Mooneys are very tricky to slow down, with the Caredano model, pulling the power results in a high rate of airspeed decay, which is not like the real thing.... IRL, set MP to 15" or so and level off, and wait and wait and wait :) until the airspeed starts to bleed off...Just wanted to give you my perspective from a Mooney owner....Johm