Sign in to follow this  
Mace

I cannot believe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Gang!I cannot believe that this far into the life of FSX there is not a KDFW airport addon that brings this important airport up to date. Even worse, there is no decent 777 aircraft addon for FSX. The Wilco series only offers a 777 GE engine version (useless for us America's flyers) and the Overland model is not updated to work on FSX. Meljet's and Psoky's models don't work properly on FSX either.Just venting!Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Well its not a very good engine for the commercial type flying anyway. Big, busy airports with FPS hogging cockpits simply don't work very well at all in FSX.

I would have empathized with you if we had other US airport addons for FSX and none for DFW. Mind you, I am from DFW area and would love to have any DFW airport.I may build a tiny home airport "52F Northwest regional". I am thinking of doing it. I need to drive down there and take photos. Thats on my to do list. :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hey Manny!Actually, the only thing the default FSX KDFW needs is Terminal D added. I can work on building a very accurate AFCAD for it if someone adds the Terminal D bulding to it.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

>Hey Manny!>>Actually, the only thing the default FSX KDFW needs is>Terminal D added. I can work on building a very accurate>AFCAD for it if someone adds the Terminal D bulding to it.>>Sincerely,>>Dennis D. MullertAh, you were the person asking about KDFW Terminal D all this time.Do you have any *good* pictures of Terminal D? By 'good' I mean exact 90 degree angle shots of each side of the building, preferably in high detail.I'd like to see what the building looks like...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hey Rhett!I don't, but I happen to be in Mexico City and heading back home to Dallas tomorrow (and I have my camera with me), and since this would be an international flight, I would arrive into terminal D and a good possibility that I would land on the west side of the airport, which will provide a good spot to take the photos. I will take pictures and post here so I can send them to you. Would that work?In the mean time, here's a link to Terminal D's map and some pictures of what it looks like: http://archrecord.construction.com/project...llas/photos.aspThis is a good picture of the outside: http://www.airchive.com/airline%20pics/DFW...20TERM-EXT1.jpgHere is a very detailed picture of the outside: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1001787/L/Hope this helps and Thanks for your interest!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

Dennis, I hope you took an overcoat and snowshoes with you. It's snowing pretty hard, (for Texas). I live in Grapevine and we have about 1 inch of snow on the ground. I'm glad I was off today or I would have spent the day in a deicing bucket!

NAX669.png

Hey Mike - I heard!It's gonna be interesting as I took summer clothing. Snow in March - Geeeze. Hey at least the frost will kill the cricket eggs.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

You might want to check out FSDreamTeam's website. Although they have not out right said it, there is some strong speculation the KDFW will be in the works along with KJFK. Also don't forget about KORD which looks like it will be ready for release any day. As far as the 777 goes, I hear your sorrow. I can't believe a serious developer has not stepped in to fill this large gap in the market. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=247.0

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

never noticed that... And I've got several hundred hours in the LDS 767 and other airliners in FSX...

>Well its not a very good engine for the commercial type>flying anyway. Big, busy airports with FPS hogging cockpits>simply don't work very well at all in FSX. Gee I never noticed that either! Don't believe me, take a look at the performance of FSX in my Videos! Particularly the ones with the LDS767, PMDG 744, Captain Sim 757!! Then come back and tell me you can't fly heavies in FSX! BTW all of these are with Max scenery, and and Dense Autogen and 100% Airline traffic, using a good many WOAI packages, and some even include road traffic!!http://youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Dennis did you ever get any other pics from your recent trip thru DFW?I viewed this area in FSX. I see that the default scenery is also lacking one of the elevated train tracks too. I see I would have to make not only the terminal, but also a parking garage, and a hotel.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Hey Rhett!Unfortunatley, the pictures I posted in this thread are actually better than the ones I could take.You could probably forgo the train tracks.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

>Hey Rhett!>>Unfortunatley, the pictures I posted in this thread are>actually better than the ones I could take.>>You could probably forgo the train tracks.>>Sincerely,>>Dennis D. MullertI understand that. Often times, unless they allow you out onto the tarmac, you're not going to get good pics. And post 9/11, good luck getting them to allow you anywhere near outside there.I will get into this Terminal D and see if I can do this reasonably well. I've been wanting to do a major U.S. airport (or part of one) for some time, rather than the obscure Central American airports I've been working on. So this could be a nice change.Send me a PM with your email addr and I will let you know what's going on.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Hey Rhett!Cool man!My e-mail is Mullert@SBCGlobal.netLet me know how I can help. I can build a nice AFCAD for the whole airport once you're done with Terminal-D. Which Central American airports have you been working on????? I have been doing a lot of simming out of MGGT, MMMX, SLLP, MROC, and MPTO. Would love to see any of these enhanced.Take care and Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert