Sign in to follow this  
Guest shnala

aircrafts model "Double trouble"

Guest shnala

(with attachments!) 1. Model somehow make my screen resolution looks wierd in height direction !? It happends on some older models and some Alphasim models (which, I guess are not 100% FSX compatible!?) 2. This one is even wierder. To me at least... Model look like some lego toy which some kid didn't finish in right order....!!? Rear wings are jam under fuselage, wheels or the tip of the main wings are missing, there's some wierd objects with aircraft model jam together, variation are infinite... This happends on many models, even some which are 100% FSX compatible some payware, some freeware... So, Is there any solution for those two troubles ? If you got any ideas, please post it here....I wait for a long time and finaly go public with this. I just want to know is any of those two problems are possible to repair somehow... Or - should I delete those kind of aircrafts ?? _________________________________________________

Guest Nils79

Hi,for the first problem check your panel.cfg, if there are entries like "render_3d_window=1" and delete them.For the second problem, restart your PC and run FSX (without any other applications). Also reduce the scenery complexity. I guess your graphics card is a little bit overchallenged.HTH!

Guest shnala

>Hi,>for the first problem check your panel.cfg, if there are>entries like "render_3d_window=1" and delete them.>>For the second problem, restart your PC and run FSX (without>any other applications). Also reduce the scenery complexity. I>guess your graphics card is a little bit overchallenged.>HTH!Thank you Neil. You did solve my first problem. :)To be honest, that was a bigger problem to me, 'coz so many aircraft had that problem, I thought that was related with FSX compatible issue. For the second - I think I solve it by myself... (I just test it on one model, so can't be 100% sure!?) It happened on OV-10 Bronco, T-2 Mitsubishi,...and problem seems to be missing textures and my model look so strange! You actually don't get all the textures for all versions (for smaller size downloads?) so you must manualy copy all the mising textures from the "main" textures folder. I would never guess that missing tex. files will make model look like... some unsuccessful "Transformers" model !?!? 5200+ dual core AMD 8600 GT 512 MB 2G RAM 44 free disc on FSX drive (as you can see, PC couldn't be my problem...) I will make some additional testing now.... ___________________________________________________

If you copy/paste an existing texture.cfg file into your new texture.xxx folders, you won't have to copy/paste the "missing textures" at all!{fltsim} <== replace with square brackets!fallback.1=..texturefallback.2=........SceneryGlobaltexturefallback.3=........TextureThe fallback.1 entry will point to the default ..texture folder where the FULL set of bitmaps is located.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest shnala

Thanks Bill. I should figure out that by self.... All the default (and many payware) planes use this method, right? ________________________________

Guest Nils79

Thanks, i didn't knew that missing textures could cause this.Do you use the FSX versions of Tim's fantastic airplanes (Sim-Outhouse)?

Guest shnala

>Thanks, i didn't knew that missing textures could cause>this.>Do you use the FSX versions of Tim's fantastic airplanes> (Sim-Outhouse)? You asking me or....? Anyway......after some additional resting, I could confirm that missing textures are the one and only reason for my 2nd problem. So if you got same problem like I (used to) #1 - then follow Nils solution but if you got problem #2 - then make sure you have all textures in the right places. I made mistake 'coz I often rename my planes (default names can be silly!) and when some specific plane skin lookin for all textures, they not under right path, so you got - lego toys, like I used to.... Solution is : 1) Don't touch your default plane name 2) Change their path in texture.ini (my way :D) That's all for now, hope I helped you, somehow... shnala _________________________________________

Guest Nils79

Yes and sorry, i asked you, Shnala.Because i'm not able to reproduce this phenomenon on my system, as you can see on this image (missing cockpit/pilot textures):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186295.jpgThat's why i was wondering what could be the difference and your fallback material seems to look different than on my image.I'm using the FSX models of Tim Conrad's planes and FSX+Acceleration.

Guest shnala

>Yes and sorry, i asked you, Shnala.>Because i'm not able to reproduce this phenomenon on my>system, as you can see on this image (missing cockpit/pilot>textures):> [pic] >That's why i was wondering what could be the difference and>your fallback material seems to look different than on my>image.>I'm using the FSX models of Tim Conrad's planes and>FSX+Acceleration.No need to aplogise, Nils. You helped me for my "3d_window problem", after all... ;) Yes, I got Tim's OV-10 "Bronco" & F1 + T2 planes, (did he know he could "go paware" with this kind of models?? I hope not...) only differece is that I DL it from Simviation, not Sim-Outhouse and that I don't use (still) Acceleration but SP1. I don't know what could be the reason for your cockpit textures problem, sorry... ___________________________________