Sign in to follow this  

What has Least FPS Hit PMDG 747 or LVLD767

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

What has Least FPS Hit PMDG 747 or LVLD767? Im Considering on of these two. Any input (good,bad,indefferent) accepted.

I only own LVLD767 (FSX) but I believe it has better FPS than the PMDG 747.However it is still quite taxing on FPS. In the VC I get about 20 fps. That's on a Q6600, 8800, 4GB, WinXP

Matthew S

>What has Least FPS Hit PMDG 747 or LVLD767? Im Considering on>of these two. Any input (good,bad,indefferent) accepted.>I have both the PMDG 747 and the Level-D 767, originally on FS9 but now also on FSX and on my particular system there is a noticeable decrease in FPS performance with the Level D dropping rates the lowest (often in single digits). Both Aircraft are well reviewed but from my own perspective the PMDG is the better model, particularly in terms of the VC flight station (visually) and also with an overall sense of realism. I only have a single core at this time but I can at least fly the PMDG 747 enjoyably.Paul

I also have both of these aircraft on FSX and I have found them to perform flawlessly. Both are a must buy for FSX as far as I am concerned. System performance running FSX, as we have heard, is wide and varied. One suggestion is to buy the LevelD from Flight1. They have a return policy. If you can't run it they will refund your money.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sorry for jumping in here but noticed your have 4GB with WinXP, how does one get beyond 2GB limit? My system has 4GB XP but it doesn't use the other two GB.Thanks much! ervIntel Core 2 X6800(3.22), P5W Deluxe, Coolmax 650W, Corsair DII800 4G, two 74G/WD 10,000 drives, ASUS 1900XT/512 Card, CoolMaster TAC-T01, Creative Sound Card, USB Logitech 350 Headset with Mic, Samsung 22

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Guest tcable

LDS is a a lighter hit, bit I highly recommend both. Very highly.

I wouldn't buy either of them if you have 'em for FS9. For me it simply is isn't worth it to do the exact same thing I can do in FS9 at half the FPS.

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

I Still havent made the choice and purchased yet, although i am leaning on the LVLD 767 cuz its almost half the price $54 usd compared to PMDG @ $90 USD..... Tonight Is the Night I decide!!!!!!!!!

The LDS767 is definitely the less demanding of the two on my system (C2Duo E6850, GTS8800, 2GB, Vista 32 yuck!) Both are excellent products.

>LDS is a a lighter hit, bit I highly recommend both. Very>highly.Same for me. The LDS is a winner 'hands down' and I have both. The PMDG Q.O.S still is a great sim though.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Well, I kept leaning and finnally fell into the LVLD767 And WOW glad I did.I get a Frame rate of 18-19 while in a fairly busy airport with all GEX, Ulitamate terran X and FSX setting on high including a fair amount of Airline traffice and Airport traffic. over 22 fps while in-route. Now for the learning curve on the FMC and 767 systems.

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Maybe some can help, I cant see the route on the screen (PFD) unless I zoom way out to 320 miles. it show then but when zoomed in it does not show. I can see the T/C mark.FIXED IT !!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER MIND