Sign in to follow this  
Tim Arnot

FSX shuts down with FSinn installed

Guest Arni

I have just installed FS copilot and FS inn. On startup FSX closes soon after the start up screen appears. After unistalling both FS programm FSX runs again. Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong.

First off, make sure you have the FSInn 1.3 / FSCopilot 1.7 beta, and not the 1.6 / 1.2 'release'. The download links are at the bottom of this forum post: http://www.mcdu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4363You might need to perform a registry fix if the installer craps out. There are FSX registry fix programs in the library.You are still not out of the woods though. FSCopilot is prone to crashing FSX under certain conditions:* You have a default flight that has a loaded flight plan. In this instance FS will crash on startup. You need to disable FSCopilot (rename ModulesFSCopilot.dll to a different extension) and then start FS and save a new default flight that doesn't have a loaded flight plan.* You create/load a flight plan while in the main UI. There's no work around for this, other than don't do it. Your only option is to start the flight (with 'fly now') and load/create the FP once the flight has loaded.* You create/load a flight plan while connected to Vatsim. Workaround: Disconnect from Vatsim, load the FP and reconnect.* Occasionally FSCopilot will cause a CTD with an 'invalid pure virtual function call' error. This seems to be pretty much random, and I haven't identified any particular cause. You'll go for weeks without it happening then it'll happen three times in one session.In my experience MCDU support is unhelpful at best.

Guest Arnason

Thank you for your instructions, they are helpful and I appreciate them very much.

Seeing as how all the FSInn/FSCopilot subforums were moved to the "Archive" section of their forums (and there are no posts in 2008),it makes me wonder if they're continuing with the product.

10290.jpg

generate-signature-new-2.php?login=USA1205

I believe they've discontinued work on it. Many of us have high hopes for Squawkbox4, which is due this month sometime.