Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike707

FEX or REX

I guess this question is impossible to answer because REX isn't released yet, but the thing is: I am almost ready to buy FEX (to complete the great FTX), but I wonder if I should wait for REX or not... Both programs are quite similar, afaik. What are the expectations for REX? Will it be a FEX-killer or not? Any idea how much it will cost and when it will be released?

I've chosen FEX.I think it comes down to choice. although FEX/FSW have mentioned cloud shadows and I believe they are intently working on that. Please dont ask me what FSW stands for 'cause I'm not sure yet -- 'Flight sim world' perhaps?I'll bet FEX comes out with its next release before REX is released though :-wave

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Guest bill0317a

I think I am going to wait.FEX looks good, and the new screen shots look impressive, but there is very little more in regards to information and I STILL haven't seen the cloud shadow images they kept talking about a while ago.Anyway, REX still looks to be the better product when it is released. I just haven't seen anything like it - at least according to the screenshots. When it is released that will reveal more.Now whether REX is a FEX-Killer - well the screenshots are pretty killer. Time will tell!!Bill

I'll say two things......REX seems pretty 'aggressive' with it's marketing campaign.Peter Wilding has never failed to deliver...I don't expect the update to FEX to be anything less than stunning.

Guest Stephen L

Well, the question should never have been stated as the 'killer' of. In the end it will be all subjective anyways. I have 2 versions of the same type of aircrafts in my hanger, and I love certain things about each one. I will own both, and I am sure I'll find things I like most about each program. The quote above about being "aggressive", is that a bad thing? They will have some nice material, obviously, but it shouldn't be put down in the manner as the quote above suggests. But I too am looking forward to seeing if the FTX team have accomplished the cloud shadows, now that would be nice. Just my 2 cents worth. - Stephen

Guest PPSFA

FEX for me, I'd rather enjoy it now, than wait for an imitator version.

Guest Stephen L

>FEX for me, I'd rather enjoy it now, than wait for an>imitator version. Cheap shot, coming from an FEX beta tester no doubt. You know, it's noble of you to show loyalty, but shame on you.

Guest SanH

lol, you people make me laugh with your bickering. The FS world must be full of 10 year olds nowadays.I too am weighing up getting REX or FEX. Originally i was thinking FEX but now i am leaning towards REX since it has additional things like a Flight Planner and airport textures. Not sure though. Will wait for them to come out and then decide. I hope it wont be too long as i would like one or the other at some point.

Guest PPSFA

You are correct, I usually get paid a lot for my opinion, this one was free. It's still the truth, and has nothing to do with 'loyalty'.

Guest Mike707

I am waiting for REX to come out and then I will make the decision then. Actually, I am hoping that these applications can somehow be used in conjunction because I am sure one application has some better than the other and vice versa. In either case, it is greate to have this level of competition for two very good products. I am also waiting to see what ASX has to offer in the future.