Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

eaglesoft beechjet hawker

Anyone seen this problem?I can load the plane and it works fine as long as I don't switch from full screen to windowed, or windowed to full screen.All other planes work fine when switching FS to WIN or WIN to FS.

I don't get the reason for the reply to my question...I emailed this same question to eaglesoft support with the following reply.. Since the vendor did not know of this issue I asked the general public.. you post the link to your BBS that has no topic to address this issue....My post with order info deleted:Have there been any reported issues with FSX and the Hawker 400 business jet ?It works for me, but only if I don't change from either windowed to full screen or full screen to windowed.All other aircraft work fine.I downloaded the latest version and reinstalled it with no changes.Eaglesoft support reply:None that we are aware of. Best Regards,Ronald HamiltonPresident/CEOEaglesoft Development Group*****I want to make it clear that I have NO ISSUES with eaglesoft or any of the many products I have ordered from them..******I do take offense with Eaglesoft when they respond with no information and then submit a reply to my post to the public with a link to a support forum that is quite useless to address a technical support issue about a product..I see topics about registration issues, vista issues, license key issues, but no tech support topic for a specific product.I would rather this topic simply die and I'll live with the fact that on my PC I can't use the Beechjet as I would like.. This could be a local system problem of mine, but if anyone else has the same issue and they have a fix for it I would like to know.The be fair.. The actual issue I am having is:If I change from full screen to windowed mode FSX crashes if the Beechjet Hawker is loaded..... otherwise it works just fine and is a great product...I am only looking for help from the public since the vendor did not have any information to help me.

And you could get possible answers from Eaglesoft users by using their customer service forum. That was the reason I pointed you there.Most all the time, your queries are answered very quickly on the ES boards, and personally I believe it is the best place to get direct answers to any third party designers aircraft/scenery, etc., not just Eaglesoft. If Ron responded the way he did, it is because he has not heard about this issue from any other user (and if he has never heard about this problem before, he has to assume it is a 'local issue' only to you), but by using the ES boards, you may run into an ES user that may have had a similar issue who could help you out. Or, perhaps someone else on the ES development team may be able to shed some light.That was the reason. So, I still encourage you to use the ES boards.

>I don't get the reason for the reply to my question...>I do take offense with Eaglesoft when they respond with no>information and then submit a reply to my post to the public>with a link to a support forum that is quite useless to>address a technical support issue about a product..Er, Brian doesn't work for Eaglesoft, hence there's no reason to "take offense" from his reply. He's another user the same as you...Also, I cannot provide any support here at AVSIM, since I do work for Eaglesoft. To do so would be in violation of AVSIM's policy.I'll look for your original post in our support forum and reply further there. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

MY BAD !!! Sorry Brian and Eaglesoft..I still don't see what new info I could get from the support board when Eaglesoft themselves don't have any info on this issue..I'll just go back in my hole now..... unless someone else has seen this problem and has a fix...I first thought is was not enough memory on my video card, but with 325 MB I don't really think that's it.

>MY BAD !!! Sorry Brian and Eaglesoft..>>I still don't see what new info I could get from the support>board when Eaglesoft themselves don't have any info on this>issue..Well, in fairness to Ron, he's an administrator and all-round great guy, but he isn't a programmer... ;)I'm sure that if you give us a chance in the proper venue, we can track down the proximate cause and suss out a fix for you. :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I didn't want to push it too hard... If I balance everything just right.. start in windowed mode and get RC running and such most times I get to switch to Full Screen once.. but thats all.Since this seems to be an isolated issue it doesn't seem like good business to invest eaglesoft time to attempt to fix an issue, that is in all probablility, something local to my PC.I'm still leaning to my video card since I run 2 monitors.. 1 in 1650 x 1050 and the other in 1280 x 1024.... I could be seeing a lack of video memory issue... but I'm not investing in another just to get 1 aircraft to run... I do now have the Citation X to fly...

Posting your system specs might help folks to get some insight, Jim: 1650 x105 and 1280 x 1024 is sure putting a load on that gpu! :-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

In all fairness, you provided none of this information in your email or our forum post. We answered honestly in the email response and in our forum.Had I known the information you've provided here then I would have suggested that you are likely overloading your own system...To date you are the ONLY person who has reported this issue in public or our support forum and it appears you've provided your own answer here."I do take offense with Eaglesoft when they respond with no information..."Why? You provided us with less than complete information so we provided less than complete answers.We suggest that you provide full information if you expect us to assist you in the future:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

You are entirely correct... and that is indeed my fault...I didn't want this to escalate.. and since as I suspected this has never been reported before that it was indeed specific to my system.I only posted on AVSIM to see if anyone else has seen this issue and that if their system was similar to mine would tell me all I needed to know..I am sorry if this has shed a less than favorable light on Eaglesoft or any of their products or support... As I said before I have nothing but favorable reports concerning Eaglesoft's products and support..My somewhat negative post was based on an assumption that a reply to my post was made by Eaglesoft and due to my lack of dilligence concerning the poster and his lack of affilliation with Eaglesoft.Again I am sorry to all concerned.. and also Thank You to Eaglesoft and Avsim members for your support in this matter... a real testiment to the power of open communications.That being said I assume it may be a fixable issue with a video card with more memory?

No problem Jim. It is just one of my 'pet peeves' that folks will use a 'general' public forum as this to try and get customer service help for a particular product. Nothing personal.I have many 3rd party products, and if they have a 'help forum' that is what I use to discuss any issues with those particular products, and in most cases I get much more comprehensive help on those forums by either the developer themselves, or other users that may have similar issues.In terms of your use of two monitors, that seems as if it could be an issue, but not one I can help you with as I only use one.

No apology needed but we do accept yours. Folks point to our forums because we know our products better than others....On the other hand, we are honest enough to say we don't know a solution to a problem when we actually don't know.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png