Sign in to follow this  
Paul Golding

Developer competition and too many choices?

All right Curt,Please find me some good US Airport scenery then.. with custom runway/taxiway textures naturally.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>The USSR didn't need more than that...>And I think North Korea has none at all :)East Germany had the Trabi!!! There's choice for you!RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>All right Curt,>>Please find me some good US Airport scenery then.. with custom>runway/taxiway textures naturally.>>:)>>MannyHhehe. You ALWAYS bring that up Manny.You know, I thought I saw some custom ground in the new KIND payware. Not sure though.And I can also tell you, I did this in my MNMG scenery that I'm working on. However, I didn't like it. I took the custom ground out. I just didn't like the look of it. Not to mention that it involves an .mdl hack, which brings your scenery outside the SDK bounds, which means 1) it may cause instability, and 2) it won't work in FS11.The way the sim renders, I just don't think it's there yet. Kind of like photoscenery. It's just not versatile enough for all times-of-day and all seasons. It will be though, eventually.I have been petitioning Microsoft to add this feature into FS11's mdl format though. It has the potential to be awesome.Ok, back to your regularly-scheduled topic. :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Car manufacturers also don't all release their new models on the same day...Ford released its new Focus last month, Honda its new Civic a few months earlier, etc. etc.

>1. AirSimmer - blurry text>2. AirlinerXP - looks great>3. PMDG - I don't think their doing an Airbus>4. Just Flight? - nope>Justflight will likely become a reseller for one or more of the others.

Hi Rhett.KIND is default runway texture. The taxiway too.Well, it would be good if a choice is given at time of install. "Do you want custom runway texture (with limitations) or do you want default runway texture".Fly Tampa gave that option for TNCM. I think UK2000 did great with their Gatwick. If it is not custom runway texture, they sure look like it.I mean.. Aerosoft's Aspen Colorado airport is a nice scenery...but that runway sticks out like a sore thumb. Aircrafts take off and land only from one side so there is tire marks only on one side. But every time I look at that runway... It just keeps reminding you that it doesn't belong there. I have requested they give an update and Mathias posted that he is planning to, But it has been a while...so I am not holding my breath.Aerosoft's Dillingham also uses default runway texture..but in Dillinghams case, it came out pretty good and much better than I initially thought. If you look at the runway using Google and Dillingham addon, hardly any difference.I wish it was part of AFCAD file. So we can use Photoshop and build runway and taxiway textures of our own.Got any links for your MNMG scenery? :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>>I wish it was part of AFCAD file. So we can use Photoshop and>build runway and taxiway textures of our own.>>Got any links for your MNMG scenery? :)>>MannyNo links yet, but it'll be here at AVSIM when it's done, and it is close. If I do say so myself, my MNMG sure looks like the real-world pics I have--not bad for freeware. But for your part, I can tell you that it will not have custom ground polys until they are up-to-standards.I too wish there was a simpler way to do custom ground polys. It's one of the things I'd like to see in FS11's mdl format, or either all xml runways/taxiways to specify a texture. That would be nice too and accomplish the same thing, without having to use Photoshop or GIMP, etc.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett