Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdundon

Screen flashing when in Full Mode

Guest kdundon

When I switch to Full screen mode (alt + Enter) my screen flashes on and off until I switch back to Windowed mode. I did a search but was unable to come up with the thread a while back that addressed this issue. I am running an AMD Dual core 4200 with an EVGA 7900GS video card with 256 ram on it. I have 4 gig of ram on my motherboard running Vista 32 Ultimate. I usually go with Windowed mode because of this. Ken

Greetings Ken,Do you have FSX RTM, SP1 or SP2 installed?Check out the CTD forum for more info on issues with FSX/SP2 vs Nvidia!Ken

Guest firehawk44

"I have 4 gig of ram on my motherboard running Vista 32 Ultimate. I usually go with Windowed mode because of this. Ken"You get better performance in full screen mode so don't understand your comment. Make sure you have all the hotfixes installed as recommended by Nvidia (info is located on the driver download page). It looks like a display driver issue though. Which version are you using? 169.25? (the latest WHQL version). Recommend you uninstall and reinstall your Nvidia display drivers. You might also try renaming your fsx.cfg to fsx.old, restart the sim and let it rebuild the fsx.cfg. If it doesn't fix the problem, then you can go back and get your old fsx.cfg back. Your config may have somehow gotten corrupted.Best regards,Jim

Guest kdundon

Jerry, Your link was for the 64bit version however I found the 32bit version of the patch and it solved my problem. Thanks to all for your help. Ken