Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

FS 11 - what`s all about?

Hello,It`s almost 1,5 year gone, since FSX is on market....My question is - what about next version?is it under development?, how long, we have to wait for any info ?All blogs of Aces are still in silence... Phill, Paul... come on - what is going in Aces studio right now ( except TS2, and ESP )..brds

I think ACES have learned their lesson from the constant abuse from members of this and other forums and are no longer going to actively participate.And given the constant battering with utterly unrealistic demands I'd not be surprised if you're not going to get any featurelist until shortly before release.Anyway, given the regular release cycle it'll likely be at least another year and more likely 18 months before any new FS version (if there's to be one, which is likely but I've no indication of its certainty) will be released.As the team is now busy with a new version of trainsim, it may take longer still.

Not sure if the expected release of MSTS2 next year is going to having any effect ie FS11 to be out 2010 rather than 2009?

MS usually times their FS releases during the Fall, in an attempt to sell more copies during the pre-Christmas buying season. (as do most of the gaming software companies.)My guess is that we'll see FS11 in the 4th Quarter of 2009.I also wouldn't be surprised to see a new Combat Flight Sim utilizing most of the development done for FSX &FS11. The groundwork would be there already and there's been quite some time since CFS3.No one really knows, so until we hear from Aces themselves, all you are going to receive are guesses (such as mine) and the ever present "we don't deserve to know" type of posts from the usual MS shills. ;)

Alexander Alonso

FS11 is under development right now (Phil did post a couple posts about there new development structure for fs11). This is when they are usually doing the most work - when there is silence from the developers.

lol after so many months of fsx being released, i finally can say im starting to enjoy FSX in such a way that i dont load up FS9 anymore, so for the next version i dont care if its 5 years away.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest Mike707

I would imagine that FS11 will be avaialable in the fourth quarter of 2009 in order to capture the Christmas season sales for that time period.

Hi guys,as Victor has pointed out, Train Sim 2 is advertised on its official website as "Coming in 2009". I doubt that ACES would be willing or able to ship two major titles in the same year unless TS2 was to be released in spring. Thus, my guess is 2010 at the earliest for FS11.Cheers, Holger

>I think ACES have learned their lesson from the constant>abuse from members of this and other forums and are no longer>going to actively participate.>>And given the constant battering with utterly unrealistic>demands I'd not be surprised if you're not going to get any>featurelist until shortly before release.>Maybe if they had the same guarantee's as Flight One Jeroen, where if your not satisfied you could get your money back, they wouldn't have suffered any complaints at all?The truth of the matter is that, FSX WAS NOT FINISHED before they released it to an expectant public."Nuff said"?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Jim, always quick to jump in eh? There was no such statement written on the box mine came in!Go figure.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest aarskringspier

Yet its in the documentation that came with the product. Go figure indeed.

That's fine with me. I would much rather wait 2-3 more years and let the technology catch up with FSX, and then get a truly wonderful, finished flight simulator. I believe that ACES are infact making "FS11" I read something that made me believe this over on P Taylor's blog a while ago. As far as the "disappearance" of ACES members on this forum, I don't blame them. Having them here was a privelege that we abused with our constant complaints, accusations, and rants. If you had been standing in front of them, I doubt some of you would have said the things you said to them on this forum. Hopefully if all "grow up" a little they will eventually come back. I'm not saying they were right to release it as it was, but we all definitely should have handled it better.