Sign in to follow this  
byork

Airliner XP forum

Guest wfr

Hi,I cannot see any new messages since Feb 29 in the Airliner XP forum.I also cannot post a message, the following error message appears:***************************************************************************************Error in postingDEBUG MODESQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '0' for key 1INSERT INTO devum_topics (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote) VALUES ('test', 335, 1205143736, 9, 0, 0, 0)Line : 227File : functions_post.php****************************************************************************************Does anybody know what's going on?Walter

I haven't tried to post recently but I assumed they had abandoned ship due to the mumber of posts asking about release dates, delays etc. They must know that there has been no post for days. Any thoughts Jean-Luc?

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest wfr

Hmm, last post post still Feb 29, I still cannot post a message.I can't image that they shutdown the forum without an announcement.Walter

I don't think they're working on it right now anyway. Lou has DF stuff and Jean-Luc has RXP stuff to release.

In my opinion, the fact they have shut it down for awhile is a good decision. They have no intent on sharing details because of competitive reasons, so there's no reason for a forum. Once they get near completion and refocus on marketing, then I'd like to see them reactive it, but not before.Curt

Guest diajohn2

I don't know why the forum is offline. Back "in the day", we used to call such software "vapourware". That meant it was announced for competitive reasons without an expected release date. It was commmon and seems to be running now in the FlightSim community.

I think you guys are being a bit harsh. It is my understanding that Jean-Luc had been, and may still be having, some personal issues beyond his control (perhaps health? I'm not sure, and I have not pried).I think I would be inclined to provide some slack here folks.

Harsh , i dont know , speculative perhaps better states the position.Having had an opportunity to see the model and avionics in action while working on the DF Dakota i can assure you this project is not on the back burner and will in its good time be released.As regards the forums being locked , my turn to be speculative and an armchair psycologist.. bet its the easy way to maintain speculation,and not be required to respond to the question "when" until there is an answer.

I read terms like 'vaporware' to be a bit disingenuous, especially in this case.

Like I said, I believe Jean-Luc had some personal/health issues to take care of, nothing like the 'vaporware' description, and he is an integral part of RXP.