Sign in to follow this  
moggel

Weird streched out autogen

Hi allRecently, I have been getting some really weird behavior from the autogen. Trees and houses become streched out several hundred feets (thousands even). It kills my frame rate and the sim has even crashed a few times when this happens. It's pretty unflyable atm.My last few modifications to the sim has been: Installing SP2Installing Aerosoft's Cheyenne XInstalling FTX AUBLUEI did a few test flights in the Cheyenne X out of Dillingham, not seeing this behavior, before I installed FTX AUBLUE. Here's a few shots from the suburbs of Sudney Australia (from the stock Mooney): http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186205.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186205.jpgI first suspected FTX (AUBLUE) because that was my latest install but more likely it's due to SP2. In an effort to isolate the problem I tried different aitcrafts, both stock and 3rd party, out of the same airport but the result was the same. I also tried the Cheyenne out of Dillingham, Hawaii and after a few minutes the same thing happened as I passed a forested mountain ridge: The trees grew into the sky, straight through the cockpit. Next, the computer rebooted spontaneously.I'm running a fairly medieval rig here: P4 2.8GHz, 2GB RAM, nVidia 6800 GT, SB Audigy 2ZS.Anyone?/Jonas

looks like a driver or video card issue.If you are using beta drivers, try the latest certificated drivers.Also verify the temperatures in your box. It is possible you are experiencing overheating.Jan

Ok, I'll see if a driver update can do something about this. Still weird I haven't experienced any of these issues before I performed the stated modifications.Sorry about the double, identical, screen shots. Mods feel free to remove one of them.Thanks/Jonas

Checked the drivers and it seems I'm already using the latest for my old card (Forceware 169.21). Is there any good freeware tools for checking the box heat?Btw, I haven't experienced the rebbot problem in other aircrafts, just the Cheyenne. I bought it for the future mainly, not counting on being able to fly it on my current rig really, but I was surprised to find I could get decent FPS as long as I stay away from heavy urban areas and large airports. Could the A/C be taxing my system heavily, generating overheat, while still producing decent FPS?Btw, I'm not overclocking.Cheers/Jonas