Sign in to follow this  
Daveo

Deleting Old Flight Plans

This has gotta be a dumb question coming from someone who has been using Flight Sim since before MS had Windows, but there has to be a better way of doing this. I just haven't found it. (probably something I failed to read).FS Saved Flights can be deleted with a flick of the finger. However, Since the ice age, I have been deleting my old Flight Plans by periodically going to the area where they are stored----------- ("C:UsersownerDocumentsFlight Simulator X Files" with FSX), and deleting each part of the plan manually. How do you just close one of the things after the flight and make it go away? I realize they don't hurt anything just sitting there, but I get tired of seeing them in the flight planner.Thanks,Thrakete

There's no other way, that's the way to do it.

O.K. Thanks. I was hoping I had not missed something that was obvious for all this time.I guess there must be a good reason they didn't program it so you can just mark the Flight Plan and hit the Delete key.Regards,Thrakete

You can do exactly that, using Windows Explorer :)I agree that an option to organise flightplans and delete them might be a good option to have, but remember that the average user probably isn't even aware his flightplans are stored anywhere, and the size of the files is such that they don't take up much harddisk space (a few KB each, at most, you can store hundreds in a megabyte and with harddisks now topping hundreds of gigabytes that's not enough for anyone to worry).

Thrakete,Are you asking about saved flights or flightplans? your question contained elements of both...Flightplans (and I only have one) have only 1 part that I know of; saved flights have 4 components. If you delete a flight from INSIDE the sim, it gets all 4 parts at the same time. If it's just the .PLN file for flight plans then explorer would seem to be the easiest way. Set for detail view, sort by type and all the plans will be in a block; Control click to select each and delete all together - or drag to a "garbage" folder first before deleting. Some folks use the "icon" view of Explorer so much they may forget there's lots more info and flexibility in the detail view...Loydhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186291.jpg

Write a small batch file and put it in your windows startup folder to delete them when you boot up.DaveESSB

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png