Sign in to follow this  
Guest NoobPilot

Kneeboard/ATC window problems?

Guest NoobPilot

Has anyone else had display issues with the kneeboard or atc windows? In mine, the text becomes blurry, and, in the atc window, slightly transparent. Does anyone know what this is from? Sometimes the blurring goes away, or lessens a little while, but it still makes it a bit difficult to read at times. This is what it looks like. fsx2008-03-1021-50-04-84.jpgThe text on the kneeboard headings is particularly bad. FYI, Quantas' "Nalanji Dreaming" livery.

Guest NoobPilot

Also, has anyone noticed that the Kingsford Smith Intl Airport (YSSY) in Sydney, AU doesn't allow them to taxi from the runway to any gates? or am I just missing this because of the blurred text? lol.

I have had problems with the menu and the ATC window blurring on an 8800 GTS (320mb) spanning across two monitors in windowed mode. Problem occurs at busy airports (lots of AI) and goes away if I resize the window to fit a single screen. Insufficient video memory on your card possibly? Terry

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

As Terry says N., it could be video card problems.I've never had problems with ATC sharpness or trafficat YSSY. All are superb. Perhaps you could post your specificationsetc., - many people can help you here.I have most settings maxed. Vista Sp1 default airliners, MegasceneriesVFR Britain.2 Core Duo,E6600 GF 8800GTS 320 meg 4 gig ramPeter Sydney Australia

Guest NoobPilot

I run with most maxed or near maxed as well. 4gigs ram, nVidia GeForce 7500 LE (512MB), Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86/core. It got even more wierd on wednesday, I tested out Acceleration on my laptop (which never had problems like this before) and it did the same thing. On my desktop I get about 20 FPS in large airports (CYYZ and the like), on my laptop, with 1.5 gigs, Intel P4, ATI chip with 128 megs, I get about 10 fps with settings at medium-high.

The first step to resolution of the problem, I believe, is to verify you have the latest video card driver. If you are running under Windows XP, your driver should be version 169.21.

Art

Guest NoobPilot

Yes, I have said version. I am also a World of Warcraft addict, and as such make sure it's updated regularly :D

Guest NoobPilot

So I found out a reinstall fixed it, but then for some random reason it happened again. It got worse as well, now there's no text anywhere in the window. this is what it looks like now:fsx2008-03-2614-54-04-03.jpg

I've had this problem. I fixed it by moving the display sliders to the left.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Guest simfomaniac

I have also recently encountered this problem. I've tried moving all the sliders all the way to the left to no avail. I'm running an NVIDIA 8800 GTS OC 512MB. The problem seemed to start with the installation of this card. I have the most current driver installed. I am contemplating a reinstall of FSX...is this too drastic?

Usually. Try renaming your fsx.cfg file which will force FSX to build a new one next time you run the app. If you are a Vista user then it can be found here:C:UsersYour User NameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXfsx.cfgI don't know where XP hides this folder but it will be somewhere similar. This is in a hidden folder so you may need to show hidden files and folders from the Folder options in Control Panel.Good luck.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Guest simfomaniac

OK, this is another strange issue - maybe related, maybe not. I did delete my fsx.cfg file and I have started FSX several times and I do not see a new fsx.cfg file. Any thoughts?Thanks for any more advice you may have

Do a search on your hard drive/s for the fsx.cfg. FSX will always create a new file if it cannot find one.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest NoobPilot

I didn't see your last response, but that turned out to be the problem (after an hour or two on tech support at microsoft... "Flight simulator 9?" "No, flight sim 10." "Sorry, we don't have a combat flight simulator 10 yet" )