Sign in to follow this  
lliaudais

Custom Tower View

Guest Weeman

Just wondering...is there a way that i can create a specific tower view in fsx as there was in fs9? I always made a view at the end of a runway or next to the runway or at a terminal..in fsx i cant.. is there a way?

Guest shnala

I was asking myself same question - but mainly for some carrier operations. I would really like to have tower cam in carrier control tower, not somewhere "near" carrier !!? But I think this is not possible. Not on easy way, like in FS2004, at least.... (drag and drop style) _________________________________________

Guest PPSFA

If you have FSX Delux, there is a Camera config utility in the SDK that sounds like it will do what you want. You need to have SP2 for the SDK installed as well.Hope this helps

>Just wondering...is there a way that i can create a specific>tower view in fsx as there was in fs9? I always made a view at>the end of a runway or next to the runway or at a terminal..in>fsx i cant.. is there a way?Um, I'm gonna stick my neck out here and risk being made a fool of but, how do you do this in FS2004? Seems I've missed out here, lol ...Regards/Jonas

I've copied the following procedure from a fsinsider blog (if I remember correctly). It works fine for me.Harry" ...To use the tower cab in Free Flight (if you have FSX Deluxe): 1. On the left side of the main Flight Simulator screen, click Multiplayer. 2. Sign in (either a Gamespy session or a LAN session will work) and click the Sign In button. 3. Click the Host a Session button. 4. Click Next. 5. On the Session Conditions screen, in the "Select Role" drop-down list, select "Air Traffic Controller." 6. Change the location, weather, time, and/or season as desired. 7. Click the Save Flight button. 8. Enter a Title (e.g. "Seattle Tower") and an optional description, and click OK. 9. Click the Back button multiple times to back out of multiplayer. 10. On the left side of the main Flight Simulator screen, click Free Flight. 11. Go to Free Flight, click the Load Flight button, and load the flight you just saved.Voila, you'll be in the tower just like in multiplayer, but in Free Flight! You'll have to create a flight from the Multiplayer screens like this every time you want to go to a new airport (since just changing location once your in the tower puts the tower on the ground at the new location). Better yet, go into Multiplayer as per the above instructions and save a bunch of "in the tower" flight files at all your favorite locations.Whenever you want to observe from a tower, all you'll have to do is load one of your saved flight files. Note that you can load one of these flights from the main Free Flight screen, or via the Flights menu in the sim itself...."

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Weeman,I move my towers a little and have a fixed camera in my favorite AC config file also.It's a manual operation but can be fairly quick and simple.You may place a Fixed Location Camera in the Cameras.cfg (unwieldy-restart FSX to change)You may place a Fixed Location Camera in a saved flight. (not too bad - edit flight, save and reload flight)You may place a Fixed Location Camera in an aircraft.cfg; edit to change location a large amount - save and reload AC. Or just move the view to change location a small amount - I make my cameras movable.If you just want to move the default "Nearest Tower", make it movable in the Cameras.cfg.my aircraft.cfg Fixed Location camera definition - title with sequential number, of course and replace braces with square brackets for actual use in definition...--------------{Cameradefinition.n} Title = Fixed Location Camera 1Guid = {835BFC1C-1A03-994A-A176-49318FEB094E}// this IS a unique guid for this cameraDescription = Fixed camera from hotel rooftop at KGWSOrigin = FixedInstancedBased = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = Track // or None if you want to look around manuallyShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 2.0SmoothZoomTime = 0.5ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUExyzRate=2.5 // adjust to suit preferences (meter/sec)Transition = NoShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CustomCycleHidden=YesFixedLatitude=N39.51809FixedLongitude=W107.31719FixedAltitude=1820 // meters above sea levelSlew to desired camera location; edit camera def' to appropriate lat,lon,alt; save; reload aircraft and view.-------------------to make the generic "Nearest Tower" movable, edit Cameras.cfg:replace: XyzAdjust = FALSEwith: XyzAdjust = TRUE XyzRate = 1.5 // desired rate of movement (meters/sec)Not quite as simple as FS8/FS9 but far more flexible...I also use the other method of saving tower controller flights at some airports for use when I would rather watch than fly...-------other notes:Set Metric in general preferences temporarily to read metric altitude directly instead of converting.Use decimal Lat, Lon in slew mode text info lines to simplify the location values... If you don't already have a line with decimal values defined in the FSX.CFG, make one version into decimal:example:[slewTextInfo.3]LatitudeDec=1,1LongitudeDec=1,2Altitude=1,3Loyd