Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

New to FSX....need some help.

First off, I dunno about FSX. But I decided to give it a go since my last PC fried. So now I got this: AMD X2 64 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800, GeForce 9600GT 512MB, FSX SP1, WinXp Sp2.Seems to run and look ok.Here are my questions:1. Is there a way to make trimming not fight you? Not like FS9 where you could hold your joystick for a climb and trim to make it work. In FSX, the second you move the joy it re-trims for neutral.2. Is there anyway to customize the views you flip to? (Like, each time you hit "S" make it go to certain windows. I know how the "A" button thing works"3. My sky flickers, with Boxes going the whole length of the sky. Also, from Top Down view, when zoomed out, it's like two weird fragments are coming down to my plane. Like two spires. I hit "V" for screens, where do they go? I will try to get a screenie up.4. Where is the FSX config?5. Where can I get an "airline" list.6. How can you hide the toolbar line up top?Thanks in advance!

Guest sillyeagle

Hold alt for a few seconds to get rid of the menu up top. The fsx.cfg is located at C:Documents and SettingsXXXXApplication DataMicrosoftFSXYou'll need to enable hidden files and folders.Never heard of it re-trimming for neutral before....

>Hold alt for a few seconds to get rid of the menu up top. >>The fsx.cfg is located at C:Documents and>SettingsXXXXApplication DataMicrosoftFSX>>You'll need to enable hidden files and folders.>>Never heard of it re-trimming for neutral before....Thanks.And yeah, it's really weird. I'm using the Saitek Joystick if that matters?

Here are my questions:ANSWERED:1. Is there a way to make trimming not fight you? Not like FS9 where you could hold your joystick for a climb and trim to make it work. In FSX, the second you move the joy it re-trims for neutral.2. Is there anyway to customize the views you flip to? (Like, each time you hit "S" make it go to certain windows. I know how the "A" button thing works"3. I hit "V" for screens, where do they go? I will try to get a screenie up.ANSWERED:4. Where is the FSX config?5. Where can I get an "airline" list.Was weird, just had a CTD...landed nice and tower freq came on, and it went bye bye.Thanks in advance

The re-trim to neutral happens if you try to trim with the autopilot ON. I assume you do not have autopilot selected, but there may be a connection there somewhere-(on some older airplanes to the Flight Director). It depends upon which airplane you are using.Regards,Thrakete

pd400,Views...The Cameras.cfg is in the same folder as the FSX.cfg (previously answered) And DO make a backup before editing! There is also a default backup in the FSX folder - protect this one too.Take a look and notice that each global camera definition (all in the cameras.cfg) has a category defined. That is what the "S" key switches between. Observe that a couple also have "CycleHidden=Yes" in the definition. These will not show up when using the S and A keys; they will be accessible from the menu only. Add the same line to any camera you want to remove from "rotation" via the keys.Note the HOT KEY parameter also in 4 of the definitions; you may move to different cameras if you want: mine are arranged for NearestTower, LockedSpot, VC, TopDown instead of the default.What shows in each category (S key) is whatever you last selected with "A" key in each category. If the last Outside View was Flyby, if you cycle between categories with "S", when you get back to Outside views, Flyby will still be shown. My guess as to the order WITHIN the category would be the order that they are defined in the Cameras.cfg.FSX deluxe? read more in the SDK material about cameras or visit my wiki contributions at http://forums.flightsim.com/fswiki/index.p...ra_Introduction to read more than can be posted here. Loyd