Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

FSX is a Bargain?

Considering the number of times that I have filled up at the virtual gas pumps and considering the prices of fuel, what I paid for FSX has been an extremely good investment. That's because I've never been charged anything for those fillups. Microsoft should have given us the software for free then charge us everytime we put aviation fuel in the planes at the current going rate. Oh! I guess I gave them ideas for FS11.:)ArtNow flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium

Art

Guest jshyluk

I figure they break even by salvaging all of the wrecks I make trying to fly inverted under the bridges or through the Eiffel Tower.Any one Flight Simulator program is definitely worth the cost, if you are a flight sim fan, not so much if you are a suffering flight sim spouse. It's just buying it over and over again every few years, plus the hardware upgrades and the software add-ons, that cost does add up some. Still, it's cheaper than flying in the real world, and better for the environment too, I would think.Jeff ShylukAssistant Manging EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

If Microsoft truly want's to go "green" perhaps they could put out the next version of FS (or operating system) without requiring another new computer system.

Art

Guest DreamFleet

Well, the "green" stuff aide, I think Art, above, said it quite well.Even with a new computer every few years, and while it may never be "real", FS, and perhaps more than ever, is a great bargain.Flying in the comfort of your home at what really is a bargain price.Today my friend and I are freezing our derrieres off on the ramp checking out the plane, finding the battery too low, getting a ground start, and only to just charge up the battery so we can fly the plane a few days from now.Forget about the cost of time and fuel for the two cars driving 22 miles to the airport!I recently took 4 old computers and a printer over to Goodwill for recycling, so that sounds pretty green to me also. :)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg