Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Torque problems with EH101

My torque display fluctuates between full torque and negative torque whilst flying straight and level on full colective. However, it has no apparent effect on the aircraft. Should this happen? The engine sound effects are strange as a result. Anybody any ideas? Thanks.

Keith Sandford.

And they never found / fixed that during beta testing, before selling it to millions of customers? Shocking, terrible.

Keith Sandford.

Guest fsxmissionguy

What if, on the other hand, they found 16 bugs in the EH101 that made it completely unflyable ... and repaired 15 of them in time for the release, but couldn't fix that last one in time? (I have no inside knowledge, just speculating here.)Believe it or not, developers have deadlines, just like everyone else does. And, as you said, it's not a bug that's preventing you from doing anything. It makes the sound a bit odd.Would ACES have wished it to be perfect? I can almost guarantee that. Should Microsoft have abandoned the EH101, that is, not released it, because of this imperfection?I'm glad they didn't, because it's fun to fly ... warts and all, and significantly extended the capabilities of the sim by enabling rescue hoist and heavy-lift operations that test the abilities of any pilot. I've not seen any add-ons yet that take advantage of these capabilities - but I'm sure they're in the works.

You hit the nail on the head [deadlines]. That is the single most factor affecting FS add-ons. FTX - No Deadline, result? Perfect. (Example)If you pay good money then you expect perfection, or at least a patch that follows soon after that rectifies the problem.Sorry, but Microsoft have no excuse.If you think flying is fun then great, not a problem for you. However, some of us are serious and that makes a difference.

Keith Sandford.