Sign in to follow this  
Guest pwheeler

Ground Environment 1.06 update available

Thanks Jim :--)(Beware! if you use FTX, turn it OFF before installing this upgrade in order to avoid compatibility problems)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Nick_N

Can you bring me up to speed on that Dave... What issue?GEXn installs textures only and no scenery elements other than matching autogen for the textures it upgrades.FTX is a single sector (area) Aussie full scenery replacement. GEXn is North American Continent texture replacement and should have absolutely no influence on FTX at all

>Thanks Jim :--)>>(Beware! if you use FTX, turn it OFF before installing this>upgrade in order to avoid compatibility problems) You should always Turn FTX Mode Off when not flying in it's region. FTX Mode will replace some generic scenery files with it's own, not the least is the autogendescriptions.spb, and the default.xml files, with a much larger one then default, so it could potentially affect your performance.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>>>>>Can you me up to speed on that Dave... What issue?>>GEXn installs textures only and no scenery elements other than>matching autogen for the textures it upgrades.>>>FTX is a single sector Aussie scenery replacement. GEXn is>North America Continent texture replacement and should have>absolutely no influence on FTX at all>>>>> I think GEX also affects Autogen and FTX replaces Autogen files when FTX Mode is On.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Guest Nick_N

Autogen for North American textures is replaced by FTX?The autogen files are called based on the texture call.. unless FTX is really mucking up the default Aces system somehow when enabled it should not effect North America.Like UTX Europe does not effect UTX USA.. etcAre you saying that USACANADA is out of whack with FTX enabled for 1 section of Australia ?EDIT.. OK, it replaces the MAIN AG def files.. now I get itI assume you can do that in-flight without interrupting the flight? or that would be a real show stopper flying out of a FTX sector to another area that has no FTX coverage. I was under the impression from their promo's they designed a seamless method so FTX worked with everyone, but if you cant do that at the very least, "in-flight" that means they didn't.If you can, it's no big deal.

>Autogen for North American textures is replaced by FTX?>>The autogen files are called based on the texture call..>unless FTX is really mucking up the default Aces system>somehow when enabled it should not effect North America.>>Like UTX Europe does not effect UTX USA.. etc>>Are you saying that USACANADA is out of whack with FTX>enabled for 1 section of Australia ?What I'm saying is FTX mode swaps out a bunch of generic textures and files with it's own, and puts back the original when it's off. A list of them can be found in the customfiles.cfg file in the OrbXscripts folder. Which include default.xml, and autogendescriptions.spb and .xml files, which are definitely generic to all areas.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

>Autogen for North American textures is replaced by FTX?>>The autogen files are called based on the texture call..>unless FTX is really mucking up the default Aces system>somehow when enabled it should not effect North America.>>Like UTX Europe does not effect UTX USA.. etc>>Are you saying that USACANADA is out of whack with FTX>enabled for 1 section of Australia ?>>>>EDIT.. OK, it replaces the MAIN AG def files.. now I get it>>I assume you can do that in-flight without interrupting the>flight? or that would be a real show stopper flying out of a>FTX sector to another area that has no FTX coverage. I was>under the impression from their promo's they designed a>seamless method so FTX worked with everyone, but if you cant>do that at the very least, "in-flight" that means they>didn't.>>>If you can, it's no big deal.>I think it remains to be seen if there is or isn't a problem, so far visually I don't detect any if I leave it on, but I normally leave it off since I fly mostly in the US, but occasionally now I take a ride in the outback! This is the problem with 3rd party software modifying or replacing generic elements, when you have more than one developer doing it, there is a very real potential of them stepping over each others toes, or even the other default areas! I hope in FSXI Aces, changes this so all elements, that relate to scenery or aircraft, can at least be overrided within it's own scenery folder, autogen included. Question is how do you do this with other types of products like weather, clouds, that are generic in nature?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Guest Nick_N

you didn't have 1.5??Oh man... your missing out. We really cleaned up a lot of tiling issues with 1.5 and added a huge UTX update.1.6 is both 1.5+1.6 so get that insteadnew mountain winter textures

Guest Nick_N

he he heHey, I know what its like to be a simmer and want something fixed or upgraded if possibleI try to stay on top of it as much as I can

Hi guys,while it's always a good idea to set FTX mode to OFF while installing or upgrading add-ons there's no requirement for it in this particular case. FTX doesn't affect any of the textures and autogen files that GEX uses and vice versa.Cheers, Holger

Hi Nick,"I assume you can do that in-flight without interrupting the flight? or that would be a real show stopper flying out of a FTX sector to another area that has no FTX coverage. I was under the impression from their promo's they designed a seamless method so FTX worked with everyone, but if you cant do that at the very least, "in-flight" that means they didn't."Actually, you can set up FTX so that FTX mode can stay enabled with UT-X installed; how to do that is explained in the UT-X and FTX forums. Obviously, once FTX provides coverage for areas that UT-X also covers an ON/OFF switch as with Australia isn't really feasible anymore anyway. So, yes, you can fly from Australia to the US or Hongkong or London without having to stop and hit a switch.Speaking of seamless, I assume your "show stopper" comment was specific to FTX? After all, once GEX textures are available for other regions there will have to be a mechanism to prevent Europe or Asia textures from showing in North America, Africa, etc. Most likely, this would be a GUI switcher as well, which would have to be used prior to a flight. That assumes that GEX actually includes complete texture sets for each region, which will be tricky to achieve given the default state of our "beloved" lclookup.bgl -- hello, ON/OFF switcher! ;-)Cheers, Holger