Sign in to follow this  
mjrhealth

Cold-and-dark load?

Guest NoobPilot

Hey, it's NoobPilot with another Noob(Copyright) question. Is there a way to load the game with the engines off? I find for some reason that learning the actual before startup checklist seems self-fulfilling. It just seems sort of pointless to shut the plane down after it's already loaded. Also, I'd like to put in a shameless plug for another thread I started, they seemed related. It's hard for me to read my kneeboard and ATC menus, you can see the other thread here. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchThanks, ~NoobPilot

Its simple. Load the default flight. Shut it down normally then save the flight as the default. Next time you load any flight it will load that way.

Guest fsxmissionguy

And, not only that ... you can set the entire simulation environment.Want to start with the parking brake off or on? What about weather? Have a favorite time/season? The perfect livery? Which view do you prefer to enter the aircraft viewing? All of these parameters are stored in the .flt file that is created when you save a flight.

Guest NoobPilot

Do I need planes other than the default to have a checklist that actually has me do something other than CTRL-E? I checked the kneeboard, there's no startup procedure for any of the "Heavy"'s. Also, when I saved my default flight as a piper cub with the engine off, and then loaded up an A321 at a different airport, the engines were on when I loaded it. Am I doing something wrong? Also, this is probably a noobish question, but I can't find the engine master switches on the A321.

Most of the patware aircraft have a cold and dark option in there setup, and dont seem to be effected by this litle trick so if its payware you will need to select that option. A lot of the default planes dont have checklists but if you search thay are avaliable on line. For GA planews its simple. Brakes on.Mixture full rich ( red contorl all the way in or all the way up depending on plane )Strobe onBattery onmagneto onfeul pump on ( not always required ) ??push start button or turn key.turboprops vary slightly but sequence more or less the same.If you are starting at high altitude you may have to lean the mixture a bit or engine either wont start or will sound really rough.Large jets require APU to be started first, APU bleed switched on, this provides the air pressure to turn the engines. then engine start one at a time. Usually requires engine to reach a ceratain N1 before turning fuel on or engine may fail.