Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

What makes my AI traffic drag FSX FPS down so much?

>Hi Bryn and Dirk, >>First off, MyTraffic started going down the 'no fallback>route' during FS9. Because - amongst other factors - it was>good for fluidity if the individual aircraft textures were in>the individual folders. We haven't looked into yet with FSX,>but assume it's more or less the same. >>When hundreds of objects come into 'sight' and they use>multiple textures with multiple fallbacks, the amounts of>search loops are amazing. >>Apart form the handful of FSX(GA) aircraft I forgot to include>in my previous mention, sorry Dirk :-), MTX doesn't use>fallbacks or texture.cfgs for AC textures. Do you mean>Ultimate Traffic X maybe? The (newest, FSX SDK) MTX AC need>their nightlights in the individual texture folders as they>are custom made. >>HST, I neglect whether 'this opposite approach' might have a>large impact on memory consumption for example? OTOH, since>these 'auxiliary textures' often are very small... >>Cheers and kind regards >>Jaap Hah! Thanks Jaap, everything got confused in my head. I was installing MTX 5.1b, reading the thread, modifying the fallbacks of vehilces and boats and thinking about the easter eggs. I attest there are no texture.cfg in the AI installed by MTX. But I recall someone wrote about managing the jetways in the next MTX patch a few months back. I had to modify manually to shut them back then. What about the current patch? I can see there's only "Restore MyTraffic X airports with higher performance". What does exactly it change?Dirk.

Jaap,The lightmaps, I think, were part of the problem I had. All of my lightmaps are in my standard fsx/texture directory. Thus, the fallbacks are important.But there's also this article at the fsdeveloper wiki:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?...)#texture.cfg_2In a nutshell, there are some other textures that FSX uses, and these are located in the root textures folder. However, the bug in FSX is that the root textures folder is not an automatic fallback (instead, a developer directory was left as the fallback by mistake). Hence, the fallback to this directory may be important.Dirk - I haven't made any progress on the fsx fallback proggy because now I'm dealing with assorted FSX appcrashes.Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Guest baksteen33

Hi Bryn, AIM, for fluidity I would put them in the aircraft livery/texture folders if you have a lot of AI. >>In a nutshell, there are some other textures that FSX uses, and these are located in the root textures folder. However, the bug in FSX is that the root textures folder is not an automatic fallback (instead, a developer directory was left as the fallback by mistake). Hence, the fallback to this directory may be important.80% of the jetway action at the moment. Missed out in 'less animations' are i.e: B744, F100, B732(I believe) and a couple of others. Enough to make a couple jetways move at given settings... The easiest remedy in addition to using 'less animations' via MT-Com, alter those couple of AC.cfgs according to post #17 in this thread. You'll have to mod the 'Easter eggs' as well if you want those CPU cycles back. ;-) We'll look into this again now the final v.5.1b aircraft bits have been released. Cheers and kind regards Jaap

Thanks, Jaap. All is clear now. :)Dirk.