Sign in to follow this  
thrakete

I Give Up On SP2!

I don't think that's good advise at all!For instance, when installing Creative Labs' drivers for Vista I have found that as it tries upgrading older drivers or installing new drivers Kaspersky sometimes blocks it from doing so. Kaspersky does flash a action prompt to give the program permission to continue however, it tends to stall out the installation and causes it to fail even though the installer thinks it has completed successfully. Upon reboot post installation the is no longer a sound card detected due to the failed driver installation.There is no root kit, virus, worm or trojan in the Creative Labs software and subsequent system virus scans attest to that fact. However, installing it with antivirus running can cause unpredictable results. Furthermore, Kaspersky gives VERY few false positives therefore when it does pop up I tend to give it my full attention.This is not usually the case when installing regular software because they generally don't need to update system components and hardware drivers and I recommend keeping AV on at all times there to prevent any unwanted spy, malware. However, drivers NEED to update registries and core system components which will trigger a AV response and cause the installation to fail if this is blocked. Not to mention that there has never been any record of a reputable hardware mfgr distributing virus infected drivers.I would highly recommend anyone from taking your advice when it comes to installing drivers downloaded directly from the hardware site.Regards,Mike T.

nVidia has been unable to repro this issue in their labs, as I am unable to.so, as I have previously posted, the community needs to go on the nVidia forums and post specific config ( OS, version of FS, what card version, what driver version ) and exact repro steps that regularly produce the bug. the repro steps need to happen on a clean ( no add-on ) version of FSX as nVidia does not have add-ons in their lab.

Guest Nick_N

GarettDo you by any chance have FRAPS installed? or any other recorder software for D3D video or image capture?If so, uninstall it, reboot and see if the problem stopsjust a thought:)

Guest Shalomar

I had problems with full screen menu, had to run in windowed till good ol' Michael Greenblatt set up my card for me. Now I'm lovin' my 8800 GT, no problems whatsoever.According to him, there is nothing wrong with the Nvidia drivers, and he proved it on my rig. 'Nuff said.http://www.fs-gs.comBest Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest j0nx

nvidia has very bad drivers although they are getting better. hope you fix it :(

Thank Phil, I knew you stated quite a while ago that you had sent info to Nvidia "about" the problem the users where having, but was wondering if there was something that had noticably changed in SP2 that may lead them down the right path. Seems just wierd that it's tied to the menu of all things.I wish them the best of luck trying to resolve this, as I wonder how many in here run a vanilla install of FSX, or are ready to reinstall to have one - then play beta tester for Nvidia as this stage of the game. I don't have the issue (thanks for the tip anyways though Nick)but feel for those that can't get a descent flight in because of it.Since Oct 06, I've now got FSX pretty well "looking" and "working" as best I think this version will, and been trying to spend more time actually flying it. I'm thoroughly enjoying it as my GA sim bouncing in an out of my cabins etc in Alaska, and trying to spend my time looking out the cockpit, instead of at cfg files, filemon logs, and crash reports LOL. Sure I'm still tweaking stuff to build my FS utopia once and awhile, but I try and spend more time flying my flight sim as that's my hobby, not testing & tweaking them ... But when your forever searching for the FS holy grail - they sometimes go hand in hand. ;)I'll be the first to admit though when it all comes together, FSX really is something to behold. (Still like to see more emphisis on the ground texture display priority in vNext though - nudge nudge .. ;))Regards'Garetthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186560.jpg