Sign in to follow this  
Snowfalcon

FSX Improvement & Vista SP1?

Availability also depends on your Windows language version.Not all languages are available as yet (localisation takes time, not all international offices have completed that process yet).

Guest Phil75070

SP1 appeared on my updates notification this morning. It was about a 70M download. Only had to reboot the one time. Too soon to tell what the impact is on either FSX or the computer in general.

Showed up for me this morning as well 120MB download.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

>The DX10 graphic glitches seem for the moment squarely related>to Nvidia drivers and are not addressed with SP1, although the>new beta drivers do reduce the flickering quite a bit>(although they crash another game I use on startup - not a>good situation).Etienne, is it better to NOT install DX10 for FSX on Vista64, nVidia 8800GT? I am about to install Vista64 on a brand new SATA 2 drive and so would love any advise you have for me when it comes to this particular configuration. I have not used FSX nor Vista.QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

>>>The DX10 graphic glitches seem for the moment squarely>related>>to Nvidia drivers and are not addressed with SP1, although>the>>new beta drivers do reduce the flickering quite a bit>>(although they crash another game I use on startup - not a>>good situation).>>Etienne, is it better to NOT install DX10 for FSX on Vista64,>nVidia 8800GT? I am about to install Vista64 on a brand new>SATA 2 drive and so would love any advise you have for me when>it comes to this particular configuration. I have not used>FSX nor Vista.>>QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT>@700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista>64--soon to be installedNoel,DX10 will install with any version of Vista . You will have an option within FSX if your hardware is fully DX10 compliant to run FSX in DX10 Preview. If you choose to run in DX9 mode simply keep the option to run in DX10 preview unchecked.

I am an MSDN Universal and Technet Plus member as well as a Microsoft Certified Partner and have had versions of SP1 for quite some time now. You should ALL go here:http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista...3.mspx?mfr=trueVista with SP1 is already available at Technet and MSDN so it will be available for your enjoyment soon.SP1 contains absolutely nothing right now that will do anything for your video or boost FSX performance I'm afraid.HTH,Mike T.

>DX10 will install with any version of Vista . You will have>an option within FSX if your hardware is fully DX10 compliant>to run FSX in DX10 Preview. Pardon the ignorance, but why is it called "Preview"?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X