Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Overland textures in FSX

I know this has been discussed before, but I cannot correct the black / clear radomes on the Overland 777-300ERs in FSX / SP2. I have successfully fixed the missing "forehead" texture utilizing the freeware DXTBmp editor, modifying the alpha channels so that they are the same color as a particular fuselage, but for the life of me, I cannot get rid of the black domes you see in the attached screenshot. Anyone have any ideas? I've been through each texture one by one with no luck. Am I missing a texture?Thanks in advance, http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MDhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186495.jpg

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hey Alex!I would love it if you could tell me how to fix the forehead issue in the overland models.Also, have you noticed missing gauges in the Overland panels when used on FSX and Vista?Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hi Dennis:I do not run FSX in Vista, and I did not have any missing gauges when I ported over the Overland 777-300ER into FSX. So I can't help you there. But I did have the forehead issue, and the black radar domes you see above.To fix the forehead issue, download the DXTBmp utility here:http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/download/dxtbmpx.EXEInstall it then double click on the desktop icon. A simple windowed applet opens. Click FILE/OPEN, then navigate over to the texture folder in the Overland aircraft you want to fix. Highlight the b777forehead file, then click open. A texture file in some color, maybe even black, should open. Click on ALPHA in the toolbar above and select CREATE ALPHA FROM COLOR. A color palate like the one in PAINT opens. Here is the point where you have to match the color of the aircraft to a color here in this applet that that you want the missing forehead texture to be. Start with a white aircraft / fuselage just to facilitate learning the process. When you find it click FILE and SAVE it. Select YES to overwrite an existing texture, which is the FSX/SP2-corrupted one that appears transparently. Reload the aircraft, and the forehead texture should be there! Basically, you're recoloring the Alpha channel to match the fuselage color. You have to do it for EVERY livery you have installed! I have only done the 'white' aircraft, because they're easy, you only have to do one then copy and paste, but as you can tell by my post, I'm still stuck on the black domes! Let me know how it goes.Good Luck,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Thank You Alex!You are a "life saver". I will try this tonight and see how it goes. I'll let you know if I can find anything out on the domes.Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hello Alex!I followed your recommendations but unfortunately, it does not work for me. What it does is that it changes the texture from transparent to black, but that's it. Any other clues?Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert