Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjack

Problem when creating a new flight

Guest cele

Hello, for some reason whenever I start up a new Free Flight, everything loads up, but no matter the aircraft, the Auto Pilot will be on and the aircraft will start accelerating to some certain speed and it will try to go up to 35,000 feet. I think this may because of a recent flight I did where I flew from KLAX to SCEL and never fully shut down. Is there a way to prevent this?Also, does anyone know if its possible to have FSX using the system time on the computer instead of having to set it up yourself? It keeps setting my date to the 11th at 1900 hours.

I think all of that is stored in the FSX config. file. If you delete it, FSX will build a new one. You will need to restore any tweaks you added, so make a backup. If you need to know where that file is, we can help you.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest jshyluk

Another thing you can do is to change your Default Flight. Make a new flight where you have the aircraft doing exactly what you want (i.e. stopped on the ground with the engines off), and then save that flight. Click the check box to make it your Default Flight. As FSX will take what the default flight is doing to start the next flight, this should cure your problem.Any time later, you can load the original default flight, or any other, and make that the new default flight again. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest cele

Where is the config file located?

In XP;C:Documents and settingsOwnerApplication dataMicrosoft FSXin vista:C:users(your computer name)application dataroamingMicrosoftFSX There are two cofig folders. You want the one that opens with notepad. Applcation data is a hidden folder. One way to make it visable is to go to MY Documents, click tools in the upperleft, click folder options,click view tap, click "show hidden files and folders", click apply.Bob

Bob

Guest PPSFA

Jeff nailed the fix above

Thanx Jeff and PPSFA. Guess I didn't fully follow the OP's question. I am now going back to my corner.Bob

Bob

Guest PPSFA

>Thanx Jeff and PPSFA. Guess I didn't fully follow the OP's>question. I am now going back to my corner.>>Bob1 Select the plane, weather, location, etc2 Click the Fly button and enter the sim3 Configure the plane the way you want it, engines/lights/radios etc ON or OFF4 Go to the 'ALT' menu bar and select 'Save' under the 'Flights' option5 Give the flight a name then check the box at the bottom for "Make this the default flight' and save it.The next time you fire up flight sim, that flight will be the default and will start the way you left it. You can save numerous flights with different configurations and make each one the default as you need it.

Peeking from my corner. I do know how to save flights. I was just not smart enough to figure out that that's what CELE needed to do.Bob

Bob