Sign in to follow this  
Guest shnala

Alps photoreal high resolution

Showing Franck's 20 sceneries covering a big part of the Alps :--)It's here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=270720&page=

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

BillAre you using a downloader? I was using DAP with no success, disengaged it and managed to download all I wanted - had a couple of completed downloads that were not complete then re-ran them and they were okay. Absolutely fabulous scenery but I do have a spike in the Alplod11 V2 mesh scenry just nortn of the Lugano area.NigelVancouver

Holger,I did everything as per the PDF document there..and it all worked, except for the effect. Its not like the FS9 scenery at all.I think the effect file is working differently in FSX than in FS9. But I was able to place those objects an all and it all worked good. Except for the effects. Its not working. Like that effect on top of the mountain that is supposed to descend on gravity, There is no gravity effect. The snow drift goes only like a foot or so and its so thin. All three of them. Sml, Md, Large.Hmm.. any ideas?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Bill>>Are you using a downloader? I was using DAP with no success,>disengaged it and managed to download all I wanted - had a>couple of completed downloads that were not complete then>re-ran them and they were okay. >>Absolutely fabulous scenery but I do have a spike in the>Alplod11 V2 mesh scenry just nortn of the Lugano area.No. I've tried both Netscape and IE to d/l those files. The problem seems to be poor connection and/or bandwidth limits.I started a fifth attempt at one file last night just before going to bed. This morning, the d/l had stalled and timed out at 96%... :-roll

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest frank51

Thanks David, very beautiful the video/pictures (Alp.exe) I thank you, have been very kind! I wanted to remember to everybody that there is a video of presentation in for every scenery of mine depositvideo.com Good vision! Hi, Frank

I give up. I'll just have to live without the full set of these wonderful textures... :-violin At least I managed (finally) to d/l the 'slideshow,' so I can see what I'm missing... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

After you've managed to download and check everything out in Clear weather,Make sure you fly these same parts with the "Winter wonderland" weather theme. Oh boy!.. I can't get enough of this.. I have so many things to get done this weekend and I have not even started and its Sunday evening already! Sheesh!:)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186784.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186785.jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest machammer

Anyway to get these files on the Avsim library? For easier downloading?Bill

Frank ... I am blown away by the wonder of what you have created for us. So many many thanks. It is awesome!I have downloaded and installed everything on Frank's blog. But there are places I can't find. Some have provided some latitude and longitude coordinates from a few screen shots.I copied Frank's maps. The three screenshots I have are called, mappa, mappa_Finale1, and MappaVAosta. The first and third ones have coordinates.But does this cover it all? I think not.If someone who has all of the scenery and had the time and desire ... a Chart could be produced, or a simple listing of one coordinate set that would fit in the middle of each the scenery groups. Obviously, we wouldn't need coordinates for each mountain.I've got these wonderful sceneries ... but I can't figure out where they all are.I have an old atlas but it wasn't much help except for Cervino and the Aosta area.I used the Aosta airport to begin. What other airports would be good.So there it is ... What are the COORDINATES and what AIRPORTS are close ... especially, if I can't get the coordinates.Good flying to all!Steve

Guest frank51

Dear Steve, for the sceneries of the "Val d'Aosta" the airport of Aosta goes (well you see map Aosta). All the tops from the Cervino to the M.Bianco + "Gran Paradiso" For the Dolomitis here is the map: i100087_mappa.jpg The center of the map is Cortina d'Ampezzo (where the airplane is) Suggestion to depart from the airport in Vicenza and then toward North and Northeast The Dolomitis are partly in Veneto and partly in the Trentino OK??Hi, Frank

Thank you Frank ...Where are these two packages?Gruppo Ortles -Cevedale p.2 Gruppo Ortles-Cevedale p.1 Are they on this mappa?Thank you.Steve

Guest shnala

As no one seems to answer this, I decide to re-fresh this post....plus it have a good link for anyone who have any troubles with Frank's blog. So please, again : 1)"...>On your pics, we can see that area >around of Matterhorn is perfectly fit into your photoreal >textures of Matterhorn. I don't have that !!! So, I guess >this is a PAYWARE, there are some of them as I can see on >the page in link I give you. :( Am I right ?? >Coz it look kind of wierd when you fly in default FSX >textures and all the sudden you bump into this beautifull >Matterhorn. Or Mont Blanc. Or Gran Paradiso, Marmolada,...." 2)"...>Do you have any plans (or know someone who have) for >doing this wonderfull job in - Himalaya ??!? >I mean, Alpes are great, but Himalaya is Himalaya. I spend >most of my flying time in this area, flying from one BiG >mountain to another (and taking shots, like mad!).... >I know this is a much bigger area but maybe a couple of >the most famous mountains for a start ? >Or am I left with mr Sandmann Everest photoreal textures >only ?? (Hi Holger);)" Frank ? Anyone ?? _________________________________

Guest Vigilius

>As no one seems to answer this, I decide >to re-fresh this post....plus it have a good >link for anyone who have any troubles with >Frank's blog. >So please, again : >>1)"...>On your pics, we can see that area >>around of Matterhorn is perfectly fit into your photoreal >>textures of Matterhorn. I don't have that !!! So, I guess >>this is a PAYWARE, there are some of them as I can see on >>the page in link I give you. :( Am I right ?? >>Coz it look kind of wierd when you fly in default FSX >>textures and all the sudden you bump into this beautifull >>Matterhorn. Or Mont Blanc. Or Gran Paradiso, Marmolada,....">>>2)"...>Do you have any plans (or know someone who have) for >>doing this wonderfull job in - Himalaya ??!? >>I mean, Alpes are great, but Himalaya is Himalaya. I spend >>most of my flying time in this area, flying from one BiG >>mountain to another (and taking shots, like mad!).... >>I know this is a much bigger area but maybe a couple of >>the most famous mountains for a start ? >>Or am I left with mr Sandmann Everest photoreal textures >>only ?? (Hi Holger);)" >>Frank ? Anyone ?? >_________________________________ 1) Alps by Frank fits togheter with Valle d'Aosta by RAY; RAI has done all North-Italy in photoreal (2 m./pix resolution) and is a payware (http://www.fsfile.com/)2) I'm italian so "Alps are the best!", no discussion on this ;-) On Frank's blog yesterday he wrote that the next scenery is... Himalaya (Everest, Lhotse and Nuptse) with 50cm or 1 meter/pixel resolution. You are a lucky man! (Too lucky, italians wait for years to have scenery with Frank's quality, you'll wait for this less than we italians)

Guest shnala

_:)_:)_:)_Yeah, I guess I'm lucky.... ;) Just.... I alredy have Everest, Nuptse and Lhothse detailed textures from "Lukla" scenery by Aerosoft. Hm, I wondering which scenery will be on top of the other.... :D Also, thank you for your reply ! You made my day. _____________________________

Guest frank51

This is the map of the group Ortles-Cevedalei100459_mappaOrtles.jpgHi, Frank