Sign in to follow this  
Guest shnala

Alps photoreal high resolution

>Thanks a lot Franck, they are wonderful textures:--)>>1) the download links are on the right side of the page, (blue>background) :"Scenari by Frank recenti">2) create an "Italia" folder in Addon Scenery with a "scenery">sub-folder and drop the bgl files inside (or create individual>folders for each mountain, that's exactly the same).>3) add the new folder in the library.Cervino v3 is just a bgl file? What about textures? I don't see any at all... :-hmmm For some reason it doesn't seem so impressive on my otherwise default FSX machine... I can clearly see the boundaries of the .bgl coverage, but the mountain looks tiny! :-eek http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9460/matterhorn01fb9.jpg

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill,FSX style photoreal ground textures include them in the bgl. You can actually load the bgl into TMFViewer (Terrain SDK tool) and see the image, its coverage area and LODs used.Cheers, Holger

Guest Nick_N

To quote an old commercial... "It's in there"LOLEDIT: Opppsss I see Holger beat me to it

>Hi Bill,>>FSX style photoreal ground textures include them in the bgl.>You can actually load the bgl into TMFViewer (Terrain SDK>tool) and see the image, its coverage area and LODs used.Well, something's clearly wrong then. See the image in my edited post above!BTW, this was taken with all scenery sliders slammed fully max... I even paused the sim before taking the screenshot.

Fr. Bill    

Guest Nick_N

That is strange,,, I have not installed that one yet. I wonder if there is something missing.. I did not check the file but I know some of his downloads are in 2 parts... did you get them all?

>this is a problem of mesh (DEM) >to see well, owe download this file: >http://c30s.alpes.gratisim.fr/_ALPES_LOD11_Version2.zip > >then install it in addon scenery as the other sceneriesGrazie, Frank! I'm d/l'ing now and will test after I get back from the bank and some shopping. ;)

Fr. Bill    

Guest Nick_N

Ahhhhh THATS why.. I have that ALPS mesh already!Thanks Frank!I forgot I had installed that mesh. If anyone asks I will remember now!:)

Guest frank51

I remember that my sceneries are all FREE any payment! other map western Alpsi95510_MappaVAosta.jpgHi, Frank

Guest frank51

OK! Nick N everything well now? ... have you succeeded in seeing the Cervino?this pictures is the Cervino Italian slope!i95834_Cervino3Sud.jpgHi, Frank

Guest Vigilius

Finally we have the map of your masterpieces, I want it on your blog to download it when I'll start the North Italy tour!

>>this is a problem of mesh (DEM) >>to see well, owe download this file: >>http://c30s.alpes.gratisim.fr/_ALPES_LOD11_Version2.zip >> >>then install it in addon scenery as the other sceneries>>Grazie, Frank! I'm d/l'ing now and will test after I get back>from the bank and some shopping. ;)Rats. The first attempt stalled and timed out. I resumed the d/l when I left at noon. Got home about 5:15 and found the d/l had stalled again......now on the third try!

Fr. Bill    

The DEM sure made a LOT difference. Now at least the Matterhorn doesn't look like an ugly pimple... ;)When I was in school in Leysin, Switz. back in the 60's I did a lot of bouldering on those slopes with my climbing instructor and classmates.Mine still doesn't look as good as your screenshot though...http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1942/matterhorn02ne2.jpg

Fr. Bill