Sign in to follow this  
Guest shnala

Alps photoreal high resolution

Guest frank51

there has been a clean improvement with the mesh In my Blog there are other 2 sceneries that complete the zone of the Matterhorn: i96087_Blog.jpgI suggest to install them in the bookstore sceneries after that of the Cervino vers.3 for the priorities Hi, Frank

Guest Nick_N

Hi FrankI do have a suggestion. You may want to post 'complete' instructions in English.The reason I suggest this is because you are saying there is "priority' for the layers?I just downloaded and placed ALL the files, including the mesh, into one Alps HiRessceney directory and enabled that in the library.If that is not correct it may be a good idea if you can write up instructions in english which include links to all the files and needed mesh. That way people can enjoy your work and not wonder if they installed it correctly.Nick:)

Guest frank51

Ok! Nick I have tried to translate a small tutorial for the installation of my sceneries. In case if the translation is not comprehensible, you can correct it and even to make it of all available (thanks)Tutorial:As to install the sceneries of Frank Once unloaded the scenery you will find you with one or more files . bgl Very simply you will have to create a briefcase inside addon scenery (directory of FSX) with the name of the scenery (to your liking) for instance for the Cervino all it takes is naming the folder Cervino, then to create a subfolder (in the folder Cervino) and to name it scenery and finally in this folder to insert the file bgl that you have unloaded. Now, It is necessary to go to the bookstore sceneries now and to add the scenery to the list of the sceneries . if files or sceneries there are more that occupy the same region, that FSX effects the rule of the priorities, that is everything that that is set more aloft it always has the priority on the inserted sceneries more in low. I make an example: if I have unloaded the third vers.del Cervino and in my bookstore I already have a vers. older than the same Cervino to be able it to visualize (the last version) I have to put aloft this last scenery to the list and however at least a taller step of the same scenery with a old vers.. If in another case I simply have some files bgl that interests the same region, the file inserted bgl more aloft in the briefcase scenery always has the precedence of the other inserted more in low and will be visualized totally covering the file preceding bgl. In practice both for the sceneries that for the same files bgl inside the subfolder scenery is worth the Law of the Priorities.' However the order of download of the files usually mirrors the correct Priority, all it takes is exactly leaving them as they have been inserted by the author in the folder. If the priority is not respected with 2 sceneries that concern the same region, the scenery becomes incomplete, overlapped ache... in practice wrong... if this happens, there is certainly a problem of conflict and therefore it is necessary to respect the Priorities. Other important aspect, is the mesh (that is the levels of the ground DEM), these missing, the scenery won't have any real aspect or it will simply be "reseted" to earth: Important therefore to have the mesh (you usually suggest from the author), in mine case use the mesh a19mt. (grate therefore of 19x19 mt.) of the Alps to this http://c30s.alpes.gratisim.fr/_ALPES_LOD11_Version2.zip Once you unload you/they must simply be inserted in the folder "addon scenery" as the other sceneries and additions in the bookstore sceneries Good flight to all... If problems contacted me: daifran@libero.it

Mille grazie, Frank! Everything looks terrific now with all the Alps installed... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest frank51

Very beautiful the images Nick... you know here in Italy I have activated a photographic Contest for the good screenshot of my sceneries... if you want to participate in the contest, this is the site web: http://blogfsx.forumfree.net/?f=5046849I would be happy if you want write me: daifran@libero.itthere is the Download of the Marmolada this evening on my BlogHi, Frank

All right Bill,Could you please post the Install instructions?There are twenty downloads there. Now, Can I download them all and put them in one scenery folder? or do I need 20 scenery folders and if so in what order do I need to have them. or is there a way to reduce the number of scenery folders so I can get away with fewer than 20.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Nick_N

I put everything including the mesh into one folder and named it AlpsHiRessceneryenabled and goI posted the critical files that need to be downloaded here:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186611.jpgbut you can download them all too in order to get everythingI am not sure if I got it right but it seems to workLOLFrank did mention above that if you use the BLOG list and create folders for each name, then place them in the scenery library in the EXACT order he listed them in his BLOG for the downloads. I read the directions he posted above and that is what I read from it. By keeping the files in the order he listed in his blog for download it keeps them in the correct priority. The only one I see that may need priority is CERVINO v3 over Monte Rosa e Cervino v2I dont see anything else so I am not sure. I think that is why Frank said to keep them in the same order as the download list, just to make it simple.

Hi Nick,Reading once more Franck's translation there is something I don't understand. He says that if we don't respect the "order" (v3 after v2) the scenery will be incomplete, he doesn't say to replace v2 with v3.So maybe we should really create a folder for each scenery!! :--)Maybe the transition with FSX default will look better.I just wrote a PM to Marcy55, Avsim's Italian Forum mod. Maybe we are missing something here and it will be easier for Franck to answer this question.EDIT: Just noticed that Marcy55 didn't post in Avsim for a year, not sure I will get an answer! PM sent to Vigilius who also speaks Italian :-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I just wish he would have had two or three downloads where each download is equivalent to a scenery folder and removing any old files that have have been replaced with the older version.It doesn't have to be this difficult by breaking it up into small pieces..right?Why has this become so complicated? 20 downloads and 20 folders? There is something strange with this setup. I don't get it.LOL :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Color me a bit confused as well. There are apparently a number of 'old versions' there that I'm not sure won't cause a conflict...That, and it's not too clear which of them are for Swiss Alps and which are Italian Alps... *:-* Rapidshare is often a problem with frequent d/l failures due to "time out" IOW the d/l stalls and then the server times out... The last file crapped out at 92%...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Nick_N

All I did was download the ones I marked in REDPlaced ALL of them, except v3 into a single scenery folder, including the Alps LOD11 mesh.. I put v3 in its own folder and layered it ABOVE the firstEverything seems to work fine hereI dont see anything off or wrong. The only thing I notice is the lack of snow and the line where his ends and the sim begins.. I hate photoscenery so i ain't go'in there with Taburet's ItalVfrI need my autogen, shadows and other elements. I like this because its just certain peaks and not the entire range. I can still fly down into the valleys and buzz the trees and housesand GEXn Europe looks AWESOME with this, mainly because i use real photos to color balance and tweak the blends. The spots where the new textures are being rendered next to his sceney are a dang close matchLOL

Guest Vigilius

>>PM sent to Vigilius who also speaks Italian :-)>>Here I am :) This is not clear also to me but Frank it's my friens so I ask him the question, only one thing: in Italy we are in Easter holidays so I don't know if Frank is at home or around the world! It's possible that also I'm not always at home and so with my PC and so I cannot answer to you immediately.

Guest Vigilius

>>I dont see anything off or wrong. The only thing I notice is>the lack of snow and the line where his ends and the sim>begins.. >The lack of snow it's because the ortophoto used in the scenery are always in summer; I know that Frank experiments also with some snow textures but it's very difficult to have it in all seasons with a good quality. (also because with 4 season we have a huge download)