Sign in to follow this  
Guest shnala

Alps photoreal high resolution

Guest Vigilius

These are some screenshots of Monte Disgrazia by Frank; in this experiment he use a resolution of 50 cm. :((He says to me that in the next version he puts also some fishes in the mountain lake water :()http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/634/disgrazia9dt6.jpghttp://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8127/disgrazia8eg1.jpghttp://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7629/disgrazia2uo8.jpghttp://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6999/disgrazia3yb3.jpghttp://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1425/disgrazia1gk0.jpg

Guest Nick_N

I knowAnd I really dont mind that especially with the quality of this work!This is one of the rare occasions when I prefer the hires photo over the simAs for the size of downloads... when you start talking about 30cm textures with their supporting autogen files at that resolution you get into a MASSIVE amount of work and file size

Nick,Thanks for your summary. But what was the rationale for picking only the ones you marked. What are those other ones? What are those?:)MannyPS: Meanwhile, let me go download the ones you highlighted.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Nick_N

I decided on the ones in red because they are the ones Frank posted in his FSX MAP area. I am really busy and want to see how this looked so I stayed with Franks layout for peaks in order to check out the major area of interest as quickly as possible.I will probably grab the rest over the next week or so. These are too good to let slip away:)

Guest Nick_N

The way I read it, it's the v3 file and I placed that higher in the list than the rest

Guest frank51

excuse me for my absence. They are on vacation as Vigilius says, but I reads the mail to the evening. I have seen that a problem I have created with the Cervino... then I try to make to understand me: The last version of the Cervino is limited only to the mountain, around the whole zone is excluded. It needs to install for completing the whole zone both the M.Rosa and the scenery of Zermatt It probably misses a file in the folder Cervino v.3, tomorrow (Italian Time) I think about definitely resolving the problem. With the program TmfViewer can be seen if the zone is complete or no, and if the overlap is correct.

Guest Vigilius

>excuse me for my absence. >They are on vacation as Vigilius says, but I reads the mail to>the evening. >I have seen that a problem I have created with the Cervino...>then I try to make to understand me: >The last version of the Cervino is limited only to the>mountain, >around the whole zone is excluded. It needs to install for>completing the whole zone both the M.Rosa and the scenery of>Zermatt >It probably misses a file in the folder Cervino v.3, tomorrow>(Italian Time) I think about definitely resolving the problem.> >With the program TmfViewer can be seen if the zone is complete>or no, and if the overlap is correct. >Hello Frank, no holidays for the Alps scenery maker :(

All right..I got my stuff working..WOW! AMAZING.Thank you Frank! Awesome work.Now could you do Mt Everest Please. LOL :)Absolutely gorgeous.You know...A high resolution photo texture with a high resolution mesh in a mountain area like this is unbeatable!This goes perfect with my VFR France Northern and Southern Alps!Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks anyway and happy holidays :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest frank51

I wanted to explain: because so many folder and not an only folder with the whole files bgl. An only and simple explanation: to give the possibility to eliminate or to add sceneries from the bookstore sceneries without having to enter the folder (only) and to manually eliminate the file bgl interested (not all know it to do). I don't believe that FSx has problems with one or 20 folder! However, if the zones of the sceneries have not overlapped (therefore there are no conflicts) it is possible to put all the bgl in an only folder without problems... as he has made Nick For the Cervino tomorrow I systematize everything!Hi, Frank

Guest Nick_N

Thanks FrankSo I was right.. all BGL's in one folder and you will provide an update tomorrow for v3Happy Easter!

Now that I've finally made enough time to look at all the files in TmfViewer, I understand how this 'jigsaw puzzle' is assembled... ;)For some reason, I was thinking that some of the stuff was way south of the Matterhorn (Cervino), but in fact it is waaaayyy EAST of there! Boy, do I ever feel *:-* I know, Frank gave Lat/Lon coordinates, but my brain doesn't process that type of data easily... I'm more "visually oriented."The Cervino (Matterhorn) stuff covers a lot of area, whereas the other stuff (far right circle) isn't nearly as extensive (yet)... ;)http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9276/frankssceneryvv2.jpg

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest frank51

This is the complete explanation of the zone of the Cervino: (with new patch) The order FSX scenery library has this: i97220_spiegazione.jpgthe zone M Bianco and Gran Combin:i97221_spiegazioni2.jpgThis way the whole zone is covered by the MRosa to the MBianco:i97219_mappaFinale1.jpgI hope to have explained everythingHi, Frank