Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

737-800 GPS Issues

Has anyone had any issues with using GPS navigation on the 737-800? I am an experienced simmer since FS2002 and I can't seem to get my 738 to follow the navigation inputs from the GPS.I file a flight plan.At cruise, I click the Nav/GPS swith to GPS.I turn off the heading hold.I make sure that OBS does not show SUSP to ensure the GPS is automatically searching for the next waypoint.The result:My plane just starts to circle the current waypoint.What am I missing? I've had no issues with the GPS in FS2002. This one has me stumped.

I use it all the time. Switch to gps before taking off if thats what your using. If your not switching on till cruise you prolly missed your first waypoint after take off so its gonna circle around till you hit it. Make sure your VOR LOC button is on. That is the gps tracking. Usually you can turn on the VOR LOC right after your first set of instructions from ATC. They will direct you to your first waypoint in your flight plan after flying the runway heading.Just make sure the gps turns you in the right direction. Sometimes taking off out of JFK Rwy 31 and flying west my first waypoint is at 260 degrees but atc will give me a climbing right turn to 260 instead of a direct left turn to 260. In that case just make sure your less then 180 degrees of your turn before hitting the VOR LOC.DaveESSB

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest PPSFA

If you miss a WP, it will look for it. The solution,if you dont start it from the ground it to go to the FPL page, move the curser to the next WP, and activate it.